We have just returned from our 10 day stay at Grand Palladium, and can honestly say we had an amazing time. I can say this is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. On booking this hotel we didnt realise that grand palladium kantennah, white sands and riveria were all part of the same hotel. We booked the colonial through First Choice but upon check in we were upgraded to the kantennah rooms which had just been refurbished and were beautiful, so we were very happy. The resort is built in the Riviera Maya jungle and is absolutely stunning, you are guaranteed to see a variety of animals daily such as anteaters, racoons, iguanas. It is also a massive resort and we enjoyed getting lost for the first couple of days. It doesnt take long to grasp your way to the pools, lobbies, bars and restaurants, however we were also coming across new paths even towards the end of our holiday. There are trains and buggys that go around the resort and will take you from lobby to lobby or to a stop near your room.
The hotel is absolutely great for couples, families, young and old, whether you want a quiet and relaxing holiday or want to join in with the fun games and activities. There is so much to do, you definately cannot get bored. The hotel has about 7 swimming pools dotted around the resort. There are 2 massive pools, one based near colonial and kantennah rooms and the other based near riveria and white sands rooms. There are also a number of smaller adult pools which are quieter. All the fun and games occur around the large pools which also have swim up bars. There are a variety of activities on daily around the pool, from zumba to belly flop competitions. There is also a salt water pool by the sea at the farther end of the resort. The resort has a number of bars, some more quiet than others and 2 theatres which had shows on each night. There are 9 al acarte restaurants and 2 buffet restaurants across the resort. We ate in the Mexican, Mediterranean, Italian, Ribs and Brazilian. The food was outstanding in those we ate in as well as the service we received. The staff work sooo hard. Other restaurants included chinese, japanese, steak house, fish restaurant. Other British we spoke to that visited these restaurants enjoyed their meals. You dont need to book the restaurant other than the steak house if you want to guarantee a table and if you want a show table in the japanese. We had to wait a maximum of 40 minutes for a table in the restaurant, which wasnt a problem as they gave us a buzzer and we would go to the bar.
We honestly could not find fault with the hotel, which is in an excellent location with a beautiful beach and is kept unbelievably clean. I have no idea what some of the other reviews are moaning about. If your British, you will love this hotel. We cant wait to return.
Aside from the hotel, we booked two trips through First Choice. One was to visit Chichen Itza. If you go to Mexico this is a must. It was a brilliant trip where we learnt alot about the Mayans followed by a swim in an underwater lake called a cenote - brilliant. We also visited Xel Ha park and swam with the dolphins which was the best day ever.
All in all a fantastic holiday, loved Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico