First my gripe - We bought a 200 Pesos Eurocarte phone card from the Hotel's lobby machine. We used it once successfully to phone the UK then could not get thro' despite repeated attempts. The customer services associated with the card are useless ....blaming me all the time.
Be Advised and beware of this rip off, don't use this method, the card is operated by BTEL
Not that the phones in the rooms are any better .. simply a rip off pricing per minute @ £3.50
Most people seemed to be using their mobiles happily but they must have a far better cost plan than us with Mobil 3.
The hotel was great and everything is laid on for a fantastic holiday. We certainly considered it to be of 5 star quality. Entertainment was to frenetic for us but the people tried v.hard to please.
Weather if anything was too hot 30 to 32 degrees centigrade, also beware that this is a huge site and you do need to be fit and able to walk around in the sun.Sports activity access is great.
Food is really good with 7 A La Carte Restaurants, no need to book, just register and they will call you when a table is ready. Every bar had recognizable UK drinks, if you asked for a bacardi and coke .............that's exactly what you got. However, no free wine choice at meals, it is house wines only.
Staff are helpful and willing to please, we had minor problems but it was always sorted out to our satisfaction. Room was clean and v.well serviced.
A very enjoyable all inclusive escape to a sunny beach resort destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico