Hello, we are 2 couples in our early 20s and we travelled to Grand Palladium Colonial from September 14th to 21st with Air Transat (from Canada). Flight was perfect and we had good food and champaign/wine. Shuttle to hotel was about an hour and a half with Coronas available on the bus, which was a good start to our vacation. On arrival, we were greated with a cocktail and Luis checked us in and he was very helpful and kind. To our surprise, we were upgraded from a Junior suite to a Mayan suite (outdoor shower!), what a great surprise! Thank you Grand Palladium!
Room : Rooms are very big and clean. All week, we had the same housekeeper(Sergio) that we would like to thank for his good work and beautiful personalized towel art. Bed was very big and comfortable, pellows were ok. Frige was restocked daily and you could get an extra beer for a dollar if you asked. Bathroom was spacious and clean and outdoor shower was really great and was usable even if it was raining. Safe worked very well and easy to use. We had a small porch with a hammock that we used a lot for smoking cigars before dinner.
Weather: Very HOT !! For sure, you'll need to have a swim in the pool if the sun is out.
Food : All the A la carte restaurants were very good. Our favourite was the steakhouse. If you want to go to the Japanese (with a show) and Seafood restaurant, you'll have to reserve the day before at 8 am and don't be late! According to us, seafood restaurant wasn't worth it, seafood was overcooked and we had to go back to the room to get bugspray because of all the bugs on the beach (restaurant is on the beach). Waiter was very nice and polite. However, the Japanese restaurant was worth it. Our cook was amazing and the show was breathtaking and food was good. Buffet was very good, always different and of good quality.
Service : Everywhere we went, everyone was polite and smiling. Our best waitress was Wram in the Colonial lobby, she brought us great tequilas!! Great attention to details, we even saw someone cleaning under the bottom of the tables in the lobby.
Activities : While we were there, the meciacan we're celebrating a national holiday and many we'res organized for the week-end. We also went on the "jungle maya" tour, which was very fun and exciting. We did zip-linning, snorkling, had a lunch, and a maya shamman blessing. We also went to Playa del carmen which is 25 minutes from the hotel. We used the collectivo which was safe and only 3 $ per person. It's a beautifull place great for shopping souvenir.
Beach/Pool/Spa : Pools are beautiful and very clean, there is always someone cleaning the pool. Pool bar is very crowded and hard to get to because of depth. Colonial pool is about 5'3" compared to the White Sands pool which is 4'. Adult pool is in the middle of nowhere but once you find it, you'll enjoy the calm and private service, great for midnight swim.
Wherever we went, we always found beach/pool chairs easily
Grounds :It's very big, you feel like you are in the jungle, you will see animals and plants everywhere.
In conclusion great trip, we would for sure recommend this resort.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium
- Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort Spa
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Colonial Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.