“Superb In All Ways” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa

You added Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km, 256-100 | Municipio Solidaridad, Akumal 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Akumal
Edinburgh
“Superb In All Ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Greetings,
Firstly, this was my first visit to the Grand Palladium in RM, however we did holiday in 2011 at the Grand Bahia Principe just a few miles down the road. I have made a couple of comparisons at the end of the report, however in themain I have stuck to giving my opinon about the GBRM.
Ok, so getting through Cancun Airport was not to bad, about 45 mins all in and our private transfer was easily located through the arrivals hall. The transfer to the hotel was about 1 hour, which was good after a 10 hour flight from Scotland.

Check-in was very easy, no welcome drink or cool towels but that did not bother me in the least- I just wanted to get to the pool! Bell Boy took our luggage to our room, which was in Villa 7 on the Colonial side- my only room request (emailed 1 week prior) was was to be on the 3rd floor- this was acheived, thanks Eduardo!

Room was great, very clean, mini-bar was full, plenty of towels and a nice outlook from the balcony. Not a huge amount of storage space for three people, however it was adequate. We had no trouble with bugs over the two weeks, our room was kept spotless (thanks Veronico), however our coffee stock ran out twice (first time I did nothing, second time I phoned- replenished within the hour) and a couple of times we were left with no toilet paper. I sussed the cupboard on our landing where Veronico left her trolley though, so I took care of this myself. So no big deal with those couple of things. One final point- we had no towel art for the two weeks, and reading through previous reports this seems to be a big thing for some people. Whilst nice, it made no difference to us, and our room was CLEAN, which is what housekeeping is about. All in, happy with the room, perfectly adequate for our needs.

Grounds- Absolutely stunning, well presented, wildlife was awesome, coatis, snakes, iguanas, lizards and those little brown guys that run about the place. The walkways were superb taking you right through the mangroves, and some of the noises walking back to your room each night were epic! We had some really high winds for a couple of days whilst we were there (Punta Emelia lost four palapas and had to close) however it was all cleaned up within a couple of days. Really hard working groundskeepers, the whole resort was spotless.

Pools- Both pools were great, although we preferred the Colonial pool as it was a bit deeper, and therefore cooler. Some people are complaining that it's too deep- the White Sands pool is only 4 feet, so if you don't like it, go there! It's the same pool but shallower! Never understand people complaining when there is an easy solution. Both pools were also clean, and there was always guys going round cleaning the tiles, collecting all the empty cups etc etc. I would comment though that the guests could use a bit of common sense as to where they leave their used cups. Cleaners were having to go into the pool to get cups that had been left on the jacuzzis for example- very inconsiderate. Loved the pools, and there were always plenty of loungers. I was usually down at 6am to get a coffee, check the weather, watch the sun come up etc, so I usually got our sunbeds at that time and enjoyed my coffee and book, however you could come along a anytime and be almost guaranteed a bed. GP have solved the worldwide "bed reserving" problem by having enough beds! Simples! There were very few beds reserved before 9am because you quite simply didn't have to.

Buffets- Breakfast was good, usual assortment, the breads etc were excellent, as were the fresh juices. Bacon, sausage, eggs etc were all pretty standard, and after 2 weeks it does tend to get a bit boring. Quality was good though, certainly no complaints, although some of the guests hygiene standards were frankly disgusting. But you get that everywhere- best just to keep your eyes shut when you are getting your food! And I'm not talking about the children either!

Lunch- this was a big let down for me. It was pretty much the same fare every day, which is fine, because we don't tend to eat a huge lunch. The disappointing thing though was the "pica de gallo" and guacamole. The pico was basically just tomato and onion, with no chilli and no spice at all. The guacamole was also pretty thin, again with little taste. I discovered why during the second week of our holiday. They are both "bought" in from outside the hotel. I was really disappointed frankly- we really enjoy the different tastes and flavours on offer and to have "factory made" local sauces was very disappointing. I think the head chefs in the kitchens should frankly be ashamed that they are having to use this when they should be proudly making their own variation of the local sauces, which would be of a slightly different texture and taste every day. Anyhow, aside from that, lunch was ok, but the two points above, for me, go WAY above the lack of "towel art" or "no drink at check-in" type complaints. Can't hide my disappointment, and I will be emailing the hotel with my thoughts!

Dinner- Buffets had themed nights each night, and they were all good. Quality and consistency were good, with a good variety of dishes offered. Soups in particular were very good.

A La Cartes- We tried them all with the exception of the Fish, Japanese and Chinese. And they were all excellent. The meats were fantastic, service was good, but not more than good, and the locations and themes inside each one were excellent. Did feel a bit "rushed" on occasion though which was disappointing, but I guess they try to seat as many people as they can. We only had one real wait of about 40 minutes (we arrived at 7.40 so was to be expected) however every other occasion we got pretty much straight in, or had a 15 min wait at most. Again this did not bother us in the slightest, although some people did not take it too well. If we had to wait, we just had another drink!

Entertainment- We did not do any of the shows at night time, although the guys participating all looked pretty energetic. The daytime activities at the pool were good, very varied with good levels of participation from the guests.

Lobby- We usually had a drink before dinner, then a couple of drinks after. Service not the quickest, but we were in no hurry so again did not bother us too much. Drinks were nice, tried loads of cocktails and couldn't find one that I didn't enjoy!

Service- Check-in/out was fine, bell boys were good although there was a bit of confusion when they came to collect our back for the homeward journey. Buffets were pretty good in the main, although they did forget our coffee/water a couple of times- but they are serving hundreds of people so no issue for us. You can help yourself to coffee if you like! A La Cartes were mostly ok, however I did not really notice a huge difference vs the buffet staff. In the Bahia the buffets appeared to be a bit of a "training ground" and the really good staff were in the A la cartes, however that did not seem to be the case here. Service at the GP was ok, but I would not say it was much more than that.

Beach- beach, certainly at the colonial side was nice, and the sea was easy to get into. No need for pool shoes, despite what others say. Yes there are a couple of rocks, but just watch where you are putting your feet- it's the sea after all! Sea was warm, plenty fish, and the snorkelling was ok- not fantastic but decent enough. Night time was the best time to be on the beach though. If you come out of the Colonial side, and go past the caged turtle nests about 350 yards you get to some "dunes". This is where we found the adult sea turtles coming out of the water to lay their eggs at night. Absolutely awesome sight. We got there one night just as one had started to build her nest. We watched the whole thing, with a bit of commentary from the Turtle guy who was collecting the eggs and managing the release of the baby turtles and it was just awesome. Took about 1 hour and 45 minutes all in, but was worth it to watch her go back into the sea. She was huge!! On other night we all got to hold a newly hatched turtle, and "launch" them into the sea whilst giving them a name. It was brilliant, and the undoubted highlight of our holiday.

Trains- To walk round the Colonial/Kantenah section takes 16 minutes using the main road- there are various short cuts you can take which will cut this time considerably. So, if your room is on the beach side, and you are in the lobby at most you have an 8 minute walk, unless you use the shortcuts. You do not need the trains (unless you have mobility issues, or perhaps young kids with no strollers) so please, don't complain about having to wait 10 minutes on a train to take you to your room. Not wanting an 8 minute walk? Ridiculous. From the colonial side to White Sands, took us 4 minutes from Villa 7 (this was to get to the Lobby). I guess from Lobby to Lobby was perhaps 6 or 7 minutes, but I never walked it. Can't understand the laziness of some people.

Offsite- we went to Playa Del Carmen for a morning, just because we wanted some hassle from shopkeepers. Was an experience as usual, but be prepared to haggle! We also went to Xel-Ha which was brilliant. Our son loved it, great snorkelling and we also seen a sting ray which was brilliant. We also done the manatee encounter which was fantastic. It really is a great park, and well worth a trip. Lastly, we also went to Akumal Beach to swim with the turtles. This was also superb. Seen loads of sea turtles and also another sting ray. Was awesome. Ignore all the guys trying to sell you trips though- hire a life jacket thing at the hut on the beach, $5 for the whole day, and you can swim out yourself. It's only about 70 yards before you get to where the turtles are and it is well worth it. Think the "trip" from the guys on the beach is about $30 so much better just doing it yourself. Really enjoyable though. For all of our off sites we used the collectivos, which are much cheaper than using a taxi, and more fun too.

All in All- Really enjoyed it, and would go back. It ticked pretty much all of our boxes for what we need on holiday and it was pretty much all that we expected.

Vs Grand Bahia- I think both resorts have good things and not so good things. The Bahia has better lunch (and all of their sauces are home made!) and I think better service from the waiters, however the GP has easier rules for the A La Cartes (although I don't see why I have to wear trousers), and is right beside the main road which makes your excursions easier. The GP is much more compact, and you don't need to take a train, whilst the Bahia requires you to take a train to each lobby (unless you want to walk a long way!). The GP could do with "coffee urns" at the beach bars though. When I went down in the morning I had to wait on the guy making it with his "machine" that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. The Bahia had urns 24/7 at the snack bars, and this worked much better. I just want a coffee in the morning, not some fancy skinny mocha ginger latte! Just a coffee!

So there are a few small things from both, however none of them would stop me taking a vacation at either again. Really enjoyed it, and the guys on this site really helped. So if you are going, my advice is don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy yourself, and be prepared to explore- will save you waiting about on trains anyway!!

We have now booked for next year to the colonial again, on the 11th July- so there is a resounding reccomendation for you!! Eduardo- prepare for a room request! Cheers!!

Room Tip: All rooms were good- we were block 7 which was right in the middle and gave easy access to all areas...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear gorgieroad,

Thank you for your complete review. This comments are help for improvo our service every day.
Regarding the Pico de Gallo & Guacamole, I would like to comment that this is prepared in our kitchen in the moment, every day.

I will take note about of your observations and I will see this with the rest of the team.

I am glad to know that you will visit us the next year. Don't hesitate to contact with us for help you with anything.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went to friend’s wedding with a group of 40. Wedding was well organized. Had a lot of fun.
Amazing resort. Would definitely go back. All together is extremely well run resort with friendly staff, clean facilities, great food. Beach was a little bit rocky. Would definitely recommend aqua shoes. Pools were great. Bartenders were amazing, especially at the pool bar. Entertainment team was relentless. There was always something to do. Can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Cele403,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your excellent comments. I am glad to know that you have had a great time and have enjoyed the wedding in Grand Palladium.

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I visited the Grand Palladium Colonial in August for 2 weeks and after a horrible year it was exactly the relaxing holiday that was needed.

Check in was excellent and very fast, we were given a cold drink, a map and an upgrade to a junior suite. After a couple of minutes we were whisked away in a golf buggy to our room 2132. The room itself was in a good state of repair and was typical in design of other all inclusives that we have stayed in but with one exception, I don’t think I have ever had a hotel room that clean, it was spotless and I have to say was cleaned to that level every day. Our maid Dago was excellent.

I had read many reviews before I left and a lot of people had said how big the resort was and the map we were given at check in certainly gave that impression. The first night we got completely lost and disoriented, by the next morning I was an expert on getting round. In all honesty I found it very easy to find my way and it did not seem that big, nothing was too far away to walk to and we regularly walked over to the White sands and Riviera lobbies. Our room was in a great location close to both the lobby and the pool, with easy connections to other areas. The only thing I would say is for ladies, there are a lot of wooden walkways I suggest leaving the high heels at home, wedges are ok but don’t bother with anything with a heel as it goes through the gaps of the wood.

I found all of the staff very friendly, helpful and they had a good understanding of English. I always try to know a few words of the local language before I visit an area and I find that this helps especially if you can say hello, please and thank you.
The food was very good for an all-inclusive and there was plenty of choice and hot. The one thing that I liked was that you could often see kitchen staff checking the temperatures of the food in the buffet and there was plenty of choice for fresh cooked meats and fish. The a la carts where excellent and again varied meals with plenty to choose from, there was only one meal in 2 weeks that I did not enjoy and that was at Bamboo the oriental restaurant, I got the Chicken satay and it was very dry also the satay curry they gave you had no taste and no colour to it. I think the problem for me is that we have been to the Far East on a few occasions so I have had the real deal. I have to say though that my husband got the sweet and sour pork and that was very nice so I think it was just what I had picked. I thought that all the drinks I had were very well made and with named spirits i.e. Bacardi and Smirnoff.

The pools were constantly being cleaned and the areas around the pool were very well maintained. I have to say it is the first all-inclusive I have been to were the beach and pool toilets have had dry floors and have been cleaned to such a good level. We enjoyed the adult pool Las Islas over at the White Sands as it was lovely and peaceful and had better beds and mattresses. The only problem with this pool is that whatever they were putting in to clean it turned anything white to green, my husband had patterned swimming shorts on with some white on and this became green so just watch out for that. It did come out in the wash though so that is ok.

The few negatives that we found did not change our impression of the hotel and certainly did not affect our enjoyment or make us unhappy for a second, they were that unimportant to us that we did not mention them to anybody. I have only highlighted them on here so that people it would affect can be aware of them.

All in all we had a fantastic time and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody. We would certainly return in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear elsier,

Thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate your time and please, if we can help you with anything in the future, don't hesitate to contact with us.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Went on holiday to Mexico and to the Grand Palladium Colonial for 2 weeks between 21st Aug and 4th Sept. We decided to book the resort after reading reviews about it on Tripadvisor.

Firstly just a mention about Thomsons/First Choice as that's who we booked with and same with all other families/couples we met on holiday. They advised us to take Pesos however everything at the resort (Spa massages, Scuba Diving, Segway Tours, Coco Bongo trip) is all in USD. The only prices we seen in Pesos was in the resort shop. I would recommend taking a mix of both USD and Pesos. We also booked the Premium Seats for the flight at an extra £240pp. After both flights this didn't really seem like value for money, while the extra legroom we got (return journey only as got seats in row 1 on outbound) was great, the TV shows were exactly the same on both outbound and inbound. On the outbound flight 3 hours before landing they stopped serving any drinks - I asked for a bottle of water to only be given a small glass getting told they need to keep it for the return flight - disappointing. Also 3 toilets broke leaving only 2 for around 3 hours of the journey and for the whole plane. On the return flight it was 1hr 30 mins late leaving with no reason, 1 toilet out of use, the entertainment system froze and the chicken tikka meal served (everyone apparently wanted roast chicken and they didn't have enough) was disgusting - 3 small bits of "chicken" and the rest was rice which was appalling, the breakfast of a sausage, scrambled egg and hash brown wasn't much better. The rep upon arrival also insisted that the welcome meeting was in the Colonial Lobby, so we got up and down for 9:30, waited 20 mins and no sign, only to find out it later it was in the Colonial Theatre.

So onto the resort itself. It was only just over 1 hour transfer time from the airport - yet advertised as 1.5-2hr) It was the first drop off. When dropped off your bags are left in the lobby with the bellboys and you go and check in. We were given Villa 6 in Colonial, room 1607 (1st floor) with 2 double beds or we were given the option of a Villa in Kantenah with a King Size bed. We decided on Villa 6 Colonial as it was more central. We got a drink on arrival and then told the bellboys our room number and showed our cases, we were invited to take a seat in a golf cart while the cases were loaded, we were then driven to our room, the bags were carried up to the room and the bellboy showed us round the room briefly, minibar, safe etc before letting us settle in.
The room itself was nice, clean. Not much view from the balcony but nice it had a fly screen so you could leave door open to let some heat in our hear the crickets at night etc. Balcony furniture was just a basic white plastic table and 2 chairs - something a bit more modern for 5 star resort would have been nice - but that's being picky. The beds myself and my girlfriend found rather uncomfortable and small, and after 4 nights of interrupted sleep we decided on separate beds. The room was always cleaned to a high standard and we left $20MXN each morning for the maid and we had the towels made into swans and flowers etc. One thing about the rooms is the walls seem paper thin. They have Ipod docks in them which can go pretty loud as we found out from the adjoining room.

The resort itself is massive with 4 lobbies. Alot of people were driven around in the Golf Carts, though we decided to walk around and take everything in. In Villa 6 we were around a 5 minute walk to both the Colonial and Riveria lobby. This was handy for the A La Carte restaurants we liked (Italian, Ribs&More, Brazilian and the Steakhouse.) We went out to the A La Cartes every night except 3 nights. We went out between 7 and 7:30pm and walked straight in and got a table, service was always excellent and efficient. Some of the waiters would remember your face and last time you were in and chat away with you which was nice. Only on one night did we go out at 8pm and had a 45minute wait for a table - This was for the El Dorado steakhouse. Unfortunately the service seemed abit rushed this time, main courses out before we had even finished our starters. This was the only time we felt rushed to finish our meal. We found in our second week that 1 A La Carte restaurant was shut a night, apparently due to the resort being quieter, though it didn't look it.

The other nights we just got a quick pizza and chips from the Sports Bar and also tried the buffet for dinner when it was Italian Night (They have a theme each night - Chinese, Spanish, fish etc) The choice and quality of food was lovely, especially the soups, funnily enough they had an American corner on the Italian night.

So onto the buffets for breakfast and lunch. We always dined in La Hacienda in the Colonial Lobby. The choice was always great if you just wanted cereal, fruit, fried breakfast or pancakes & french toast, there was plenty of choice. Same for lunch, plenty of choice and a pasta dish made selected by yourself and cooked by the chef in front of you. They also had a grill for burgers, steak, fish, chicken. However there always seemed to be a large que here as the chef seemed just to cook one thing at a time. A couple of times we were sat at a table that wasn't set - no cutlery or glasses - and had to go and find a member of staff to set it so we could enjoy our meal, a minor thing and this only seemed to happen in our second week, again we think it was due to the resort being "quieter"

On our first day we went to the main pool at Rivieria, it was a big pool and no problem getting a lounger and having the swim up bar was nice although it was usually pretty busy. There was some background music which was good and also not blaring out. The rest of the time we went to the adult pool next to this one which was peaceful and quiet, had a bar La Isla and toilet at it which was handy not having to walk a distance for either. We went down here at various times 10am, 11am, 2pm, 3pm and never had a problem getting a lounger. The loungers and tables here are also nicer and more comfortable. The bar staff even walk round regularly to take drink orders and then delivers them round to you which was great. We walked by the Colonial Main pool heading to the beach and found this to be really loud with games going on and staff talking to guests - we could sometimes even hear it clearly outside our room.

The beach itself is lovely, white sands and clear warm water, it is a bit rocky in places but nothing to complain about. Plenty of sun loungers here too so no need to get down early for one. You can do things like Scuba Diving, snorkeling (free for 30 mins) pedal boats (though they were off for some reason the day we went to do it) and Sailing at the watersport's centre. There is also para-sailing and jet-sking (which we did) at the end of the beach - this isn't operated by Palladium hotels though.

The nightlife at the resort was good, we watched all the shows at the Colonial Theatre and caught a few at the Rivieria Theatre. Some nights the Colonial Lobby would be busy till 1am in the morning (closing time) other times it quietened down around 11pm. There was a band that played that were not too bad but pretty much played the same stuff every single night. We found ourselves at the Colonial Bar for a few drinks - or more - nearly every night. Alex who works there is great fun and a great personality and very hard working. We would go down, take a seat and next thing he had a couple of drinks there for us without even ordering then ask us both how we are, how our day has been and what we did etc. He would then keep the drinks flowing just asking "1 more?." Valentin who also works there is a great laugh with his posing for pictures balancing bottles on his head and randomly just going "wooo" One thing to definitely try is a Tequila Boom Boom.

The sports area is also great with 2 football pitches, 6 tennis courts and 2 basketball courts. You could just turn up and ask for whatever you wanted and Alex who works there will happily help you out. There is also archery and rifle shooting which was good to try although in our second week the rifle shooting was off. The mini golf was disappointing however and got bitten a lot by mosquitoes. Alex also sorted out tickets to Coco Bongo for us which was really good and at $65USD which includes travel both ways, entry and an open bar it's great value and worth going to.

On our last day we got a call from the bellboy asking when we wanted him to come up and collect our bags, they arrived when they said they would and took our cases down to the lobby to be checked out. Check out was quick and easy taking only a couple of minutes.

All in all it was a great holiday and great resort, which we would definitely recommend. The only thing that let it down was Thomsons/First Choice staff.

We will be back to the resort in a couple of years or so I'm sure

Room Tip: Colonial is good for a central room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear scottishsr,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your comments. I appreciate your time and your complete review. The opinion of our guest it's very important for us. I will share this with the rest of the team.

Please, if you decide to visit us in the future, don't hesitate to contact with us.

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I would echo all of the previous comments, amazing resort with lots to do. We prefer quieter holiday but had no trouble locating the less busier parts of beach, pools or restaurants. The white sands pool is quieter and the saltwater pool is amazing for children and adults alike! I completed my Padi Open Water Certification with the on-site dive shop and they were relaxed and friendly, and I even took home DVD of my underwater experiences. Tried all the a la carte restaurants and preferred them to busier buffets. Would we return? In a heartbeat. Thank you for a great holiday! P.S. if you do nothing else while on resort - do try the Segway tour, brilliant!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear perryhols,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your comments. It's a pleasure to know that you have had a great experience with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Well what can I say, we had a amazing holiday there was 21 of us and, had one of the best holidays I had. The food was good rooms where clean every where you went someone was cleaning the wildlife is unreal, I am thinking about going back out in April worth the girls, it is worth doing coco bongos the most amazing nightclub, just make sure u have no trips the next day as its a real late night. The age range with 21 of us was 6 months to 65 and every one of us enjoyed it. Animation team where fab work so hard always there, so was all the staff I def recommend this hotel and Mexico to anyone you will love it !!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Michaela B,

I would like to give you thank you for your good comments. I am glad to know that you and your group has had a great time in Grand Palladium.

Wirral Mersyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Had a fab holiday, my husband and two teenage girls. The large complex was amazing, so clean and rooms are very nice, with maid service everyday. The air conditioning was great, also a mini fridge with bottles of lager, pepsi fanta 7 up and water which is restocked daily.
Firstly and most important part of our holiday is yippee you dont have to get up early for sunbeds, anytime around any pools theres plenty.....and that was in August. There was entertainment around the main pool if you choose to participate, had a little go of zumba...! The girls enjoyed the entertainment everyday with all the entertainment team. They all work hard during the day and night, as we enjoyed the shows they put on of an evening.
We were in the Colonial part of the resort and not too far from the lobby, there is aways short cuts to get to different parts of the complex...took us a few days to find a quicker route, but there is always the trams.
So many Restaurants and lovely meals throughout are stay...loved the Brazilian, Italian, but if you go to the large one just off the lobby there was so much choice and the staff were so pleasant and helpful.
The beach was so lovely and such a lovely breeze...!
The girls met so many friends, and they enjoyed the teenage club of an evening.
All bar staff work so hard, and you are never waiting long for a refreshing drink, or maybe a tequilla ...! Alex from the lobby in the colonial bar must get a mention, so friendly and hardworking, also Jorge at the beach bar.
I must mention the pool spa and sauna, this is a must... so relaxing. We booked a trip from the reps to Can cun on the speed boat trip, that was brill, as we have all been to Mexico before and been on this trip before we had to do it again...
We also went on the bus to Porta del carmen, bus stop is right outside the complex, so if you want to go shopping, this is ideal, it works out a couple of pounds each, and about 20 mins down the road. Because we all got bite alot from mozzies we were recommended there mosquito spray called "off" this seems to do the trick.
Overall an amazing holiday, and we would definetly return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Jacquieroberts,

I would like to give you thank you for your time and for your good comments. For us, the opinion of our guest is very important.

Please, don't hesitate to contact with us if we can help you with anything.

Resident Manager

Been to Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!