My daughter and I spent a week here in a 2 bedroom condo while diving, it was perfect.
The condo was immaculately clean when we arrived, and well cleaned again each day. I cook to relax, and found the kitchen to be adequately outfitted (not "gourmet", but serviceable) and, although we kept up on most of our own dishes, the cleaning staff made sure everything was sparkling every morning; the refrigerator was VERY cold - a good thing - and the freezer made ice quickly.
Located about 1K from the "arch" in the center of Akumal, it was easy to walk for light groceries and snacks. Bicycles are available to rent, and I was able to shop in Akumal Puebla for meat and vegetables.
We were there to dive, and the location was PERFECT - less than 50 meters from Akumal Dive Adventures. On diving days, we were able to wake later or take breaks between dives with only a 2 minute walk from the boat.
The AC worked very well, although the ceiling fans were sufficient most days, the showers were hot, the rooms spacious, and the View from the living room was fantastic. We had a ground floor unit and could literally hit the ocean with a rock thrown from the patio hammock.
For Dad + Daughter, 2 bedrooms was plenty of space...next year, we'll bring the rest of the family and take a 3 bdrm unit. I highly recommend requesting a ground floor/ocean front unit.
Only down side - internet can be spotty, but I imagine that's a geographic thing, not a property specific issue.
Transportation Advice: I have not been to the Yucatan in many years, so I did not know what to expect and erred on the side of caution. The car service recommended to me charged $160 RT USD from Cancun to Akumal. I found later that good shuttle services can be found for half that and - if you're even a slightly intrepid traveler - the public transit service ( Los Colectivos/Shuttle Busses)would have done the job for 1/10th the cost. Plan to use the Colectivos to get up and down the coast and save yourself lots of $$$. We took a day trip to Tulum for 12 pesos per person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista del Mar Hotel rooms are simple, clean and economical. Each room includes daily maid service, air conditioning, wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Vista del Mar condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. A tranquil setting on a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Vista del Mar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico