We stayed in room 202 on the second floor in the hotel for 10 days. The room was smaller in person than the pictures I had looked at, but it was perfect for us. (a tad bigger than a cruise ship room with a balcony). If you love to cruise and watch and listen to the ocean, this is the place for you!
Air conditioning worked well, but as someone else mentioned, in this room it was placed where it blew right on your face, so we would turn it off and on as needed. It had a remote so you didn't have to get out of bed to turn it off though!
Internet Wifi I had read was sporadic, but we had no problems using it in the room. Always worked for us.
Water pressure I had read was bad, but we decided to book anyway. I thought "ok..how bad could it be?" VERY BAD. The hot water took 5 minutes to get to the room and then it was just a trickle. If you turned on the cold you could get more pressure, but then you had an ice cold shower. It would take us 30 minutes just to shower. (I have long hair) The sink also had no pressure, but not really an issue since the water is NOT filtered and you use the bottled water supplied to brush your teeth.
I LOVED the location! For the first 7 days we walked everywhere. Yes it is hot, but you can see so much and check out the other places as you walk by. Being that we went in May, it had a slight breeze on the road, but wouldn't be the case if you went later in the year. The last 2 days we rented bikes for $6 a day and they came with a lock. The bikes here did not have the basket like the ones we rented last time we stayed in Akumal. May is still real windy and we were not able to snorkel Half Moon Bay but 1 day. The water was pretty rough and when we went out, we didn't see anything. Akumal Bay had rough days, but we did get to snorkel there and saw a bit more, but no turtles on this trip.
We had no bugs or ants in this room and everything was clean. Safe worked and plenty of storage space.
Since it is a hotel, most of the neighbors we had came and went every other day or so, and if you had a noisy neighbor, the air conditioning and ocean sounds drowned them out.
The water pressure is the only thing that would keep me from staying here again. (and yes they came up and looked at it, but then it just got worse as the trip went on)
If they can get that fixed, I'd go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista del Mar Hotel rooms are simple, clean and economical. Each room includes daily maid service, air conditioning, wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Vista del Mar condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. A tranquil setting on a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Vista del Mar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico