This is a review for the hotel not the condos, though it is the same complex. The rooms are tiny but they are cheerful and they all open up onto the ocean side, either with a patio, or the ground floor which you can walk right out onto the beach which is pretty great. Room comes with a hammock which you can put up right outside the sliding door. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner and there were big ants, but you get what you pay for I guess. Felt safe on the ground floor since Akumal only had the one road which dead ends at Yal-Ku. Went snorkeling right outside the room on Half Moon Bay which isn't as breathtaking as the other bay, but we did see cuttlefish, which in itself is pretty astounding. Cute hotel for budget conscious travelers. Should be around $80/night even for high season though. Bodega has snacks and drinks, food at Buena Vida is pretty good too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Del Sol Beachfront hotel rooms are in a tranquil setting on a beautiful beach. Clean and economical. Each room includes a queen size bed, daily maid service, air conditioning, free wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Del Sol Beachfront condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Del Sol Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Del Sol Beachfront Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico