This hotel and the adjacent condos are directly on the beach at Half Moon Bay. I had previously stayed in one of their condos, and this time I chose room 303 in the hotel, a one-bedroom with a stove, fridge, balcony, and couch that works fine as a bed for your vacation buddy. The condos are I think a little more upscale but the hotel is just lovely, too, and what a view! The first day, I saw a green turtle while snorkeling right in front of the hotel. I swam with it for 10 minutes. AMAZING. The front desk staff are incredibly nice and they can do absolutely anything -- rent you a bike, a car, call a taxi, book a massage, and more. There is a fun restaurant (La Buena Vida) next door and the magical Yal-Ku lagoon at the end of the road (10-minute walk). The snorkeling at Yal-Ku is otherworldly but go early to avoid the tour buses. You will love Vista del Mar. Not fancy but clean, lovely, and super service. Have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista del Mar Hotel rooms are simple, clean and economical. Each room includes daily maid service, air conditioning, wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Vista del Mar condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. A tranquil setting on a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vista del Mar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico