The hotel was renovated around december 2014 so everything is new and very clean. We had a double bed room with a jaccuzzi on the balcony. This was great. The place is always very well cleaned every day. The staff is always smiling and nice. The ''à la carte'' restaurants ( japonese, french gourmet, brasilian steak house and mexican) were rather fancy and absolutly delicious. The buffet restaurant and the snack ( open 24h) were serving a wide variety of food.
There is one big pool in the middle of the complex, one kiddy pool and 2 other pools more isolated.
You can snorkel to see turtles and coral at a 5 minutes walk from the site and it is free ( no need for a tour). This explains why there was algae on the shore ( which were removed everyday; but not completely ). The part of the beach in front of the complex was beautiful and sandy without coral so it was a great place to swim. The other parts of the beach, you can swim but there is coral patches.
We decided to go to Playa Del Carmen by ourself so we took a ''collectivo (35 pesos oneway; runs until midnight)'' . We also went to see a cenote ( cenote cristallino, entrance 100 pesos; 30 pesos for the collectivo)which was very nice and clean. This was worth to see at this price. If you want, you can walk to small souvenir boutiques ( 15 min).
There is still construction on the site but we didn't ear anything. This is not a place to party as there is no club yet so everything was closed at 11 o'clock.
The wifi is available and free everywhere.
We really enjoyed the place and I would definitly go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the ancient language of the Mayas, long before Cancun, there was a magic place called Akumal "Place of Turtles". Between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, Akumal Bay - Beach & Wellness Resort offers one of the best beaches anywhere, with almost a mile of white sandy powder beach, world-class snorkeling with sea turtles and top diving with a great variety of life that thrives within the live coral reef just steps from our guest room. The relaxed atmosphere in Akumal captivates the spirit of a laid back Mayan Riviera beachside town. Akumal Bay - Beach & Wellness Resort offers a truly unique experience for guests seeking the best possible beach vacation. All guest rooms are located in 4 buildings within steps of the ocean and feature breathtaking views of Akumal Bay. With the convenience of an All-Inclusive, we provide our guests with a sophisticated simplicity and friendly service in the intimate atmosphere of a small resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Akumal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akumal Beach Hotel Akumal
- Beach Resort Akumal
- Akumal Beach Resort Mexico
- Akumal Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico