Perfect weather the whole week we stayed at the ABR! Amazing beach with excellent snorkelling daily! We saw countless sea turtles, rays, parrot fish among many others. With reading previous reviews it was exactly as described. It is a solid 3 1/2 star resort with a 5 star beach. Food was average, Alacarte was better, food was hotter, tastier, and service was friendlier and more personalized. A special note to amazing staff, at main bar to Clemete, and Jesus, to outstanding personalized service always with a smile and a laugh! You guys are the best!!
We are from Ontario and met some wonderful people from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, and Alberta. Had an awesome time! Because resort is smaller its easier to meet new people. My husband was well known through our week because he never takes off his cowboy hat off:)
Very relaxing at the big pools, no fighting for chairs or worrying about someone liberating your towel. But if you want a palapa and lounge chair on the beach, be prepared to get up with the sunrise. If we could have one thing they could improve upon it would be to allow music to continue at the pool after aqua gym. Part of the culture is to enjoy the wonderful Latino music in the back ground. For entertainment they have a live band every second night, they were great. No personal pool service, but seriously it is only a short walk to the bar. Swim up bar would be nice.
The resort may consider allowing local artists/vendors to come in a couple times a week as their is little shopping around with a 40 minute drive to Playa. And finding good Mayan souvenirs in Tulum was limited.
Renovations and expansion are planned for Sept-Dec 2014. We hope it doesn't loose the small resort feeling.
Lobby staff very accommodating and love the friendly baggage guy with his cute hat, always smiling! Spectacular views! Very relaxing and low key smaller resort which we prefer. We travel yearly to the Mayan for the weather, the people and the Mexican culture.
All in all we would return to this wonderful little resort under the sun!!
- Also Known As:
- Akumal Beach Hotel Akumal
- Akumal Beach Hotel
- Beach Resort Akumal
- Akumal Beach Resort Mexico
- Akumal Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the ancient language of the Mayas, long before Cancun, there was a magic place called Akumal "Place of Turtles"Between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, Akumal Beach Resort offers one of the best beaches anywhere, with over a mile of white sandy powder beach, world-class snorkeling with sea turtles and top diving with a great variety of life that thrives within the live coral reef just steps from our guest room.The relaxed atmosphere in Akumal captivates the spirit of a laid back Mayan Riviera beachside town. Akumal Beach Resort offers a truly unique experience for guests seeking the best possible beach vacation. All guest rooms are located in buildings within steps of the ocean and feature breathtaking views of Akumal Bay. With the convenience of an All-Inclusive, we provide our guests with a sophisticated simplicity and friendly service in the intimate atmosphere of a small resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Akumal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.