First off... This is a VERY laid back resort. If you want to party, stay in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen!!! This is my second trip to this resort, and I have to say that nothing has changed, and by that I mean that everything is just as wonderful as the first time!! I can't say enough good things about this property. The people are friendly, the service is amazing, everything is clean, and the beach is beyond compare. When I go on vacation, I want to relax. I want to sit on a beach in a chair and make my husband go get drinks for me. If I want to go on tours I can go to the front desk and arrange them. I don't like to be run ragged by an agenda. This property is a little older and there are a few things that could use work. The rooms could use to be updated a bit which I believe they are working on, and It would be nice to be able to access Wi-Fi in my room, but those are small things. My room was spotless every day. The food is very good and I never had any trouble finding plenty to eat. The burgers and fries at the snack bar are really good!! I would like to give a huge thank you to Samuel who was our server at dinner. He always made sure we had wine or coffee or whatever we needed. Alejandro is the Food and Beverage manager, and I must say he works hard to make sure everything is just right. Wilbert at the bar is super friendly and does his job with a smile. Shy and the crew are very entertaining, and really get people involved in the activities. ALL the staff go above and beyond, but these people especially made my stay wonderful. My housekeeper did an excellent job. She always made little towel animals every day. (I just love that). Security is always around. It's nice to know that should anything happen they are there. ( although there was never any reason to worry). I will tell you that I tip. These people work very hard 6 days a week so that you have a good stay, and although it's all inclusive, I don't think they get nearly enough. I don't know if the service is better because of it, I would think probably not, but I just like to show appreciation for a job well done. I heard they are putting another resort in next door. I hope it doesn't ruin the charm of the area. It would be a shame to have it spoiled in any way. I had a wonderful time, and will stay 10 days next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the ancient language of the Mayas, long before Cancun, there was a magic place called Akumal "Place of Turtles"Between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, Akumal Beach Resort offers one of the best beaches anywhere, with over a mile of white sandy powder beach, world-class snorkeling with sea turtles and top diving with a great variety of life that thrives within the live coral reef just steps from our guest room.The relaxed atmosphere in Akumal captivates the spirit of a laid back Mayan Riviera beachside town. Akumal Beach Resort offers a truly unique experience for guests seeking the best possible beach vacation. All guest rooms are located in buildings within steps of the ocean and feature breathtaking views of Akumal Bay. With the convenience of an All-Inclusive, we provide our guests with a sophisticated simplicity and friendly service in the intimate atmosphere of a small resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Akumal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akumal Beach Hotel Akumal
- Beach Resort Akumal
- Akumal Beach Resort Mexico
- Akumal Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico