We have been coming from England to various hotels around Akumal for the last 5 years and this is definitely our favourite.
Akumal village has always attracted us to the area with its wonderful snorkeling, fantastic beach plus a nice selection of local shops. Until this year, we have stayed at 5* resorts and travelled to Akumal by collectivo. This year, we decided to try staying in Akumal and chose the ABR based on its location and reviews. We have not been disappointed!!
We have found it extremely relaxing compared to other resorts. Starting the day with breakfast overlooking the beach, with gentle music playing. The chefs speak good English and the food served is freshly cooked and varies from day to day. Whilst the hotel/restaurant is not as big as the other resorts, strangely we have found that over the course of the week, the variety and quality has been better.
The a-la-carte restaurant was good quality although there was very limited choice, effectively one menu with two choices for main course. If you like the menu you're fine, we loved our steaks on the Italian night.
We recommend the ice cream from the poolbar, especially chocolate with a little drizzling of Kahlua over it!
Our room had everything we needed including an excellent large walkin shower, a lovely view over the pool/beach (block 5 second floor). The air conditioning worked well and was easy to use and the maid looked after us very well. There was no fridge in the room but with selfservice water/beer and a cooler mug, we didnt mind. The bed was very large and comfortable (we prefer a hard mattress).
People seemed to get up early to reserve loungers during our week, but it never seemed difficult to find a lounger to lie in the sun or shade, as you wanted. The pool was pleasantly quiet - the entertainment team run various activities, pool aerobics, beach volleyball etc - but it didn't disturb if you didn't want to take part.
We recommend this hotel and will definitely be returning next year. Well done to all the staff who made it such an enjoyable stay!
- Also Known As:
- Akumal Beach Hotel Akumal
- Akumal Beach Hotel
- Beach Resort Akumal
- Akumal Beach Resort Mexico
- Akumal Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the ancient language of the Mayas, long before Cancun, there was a magic place called Akumal "Place of Turtles"Between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, Akumal Beach Resort offers one of the best beaches anywhere, with over a mile of white sandy powder beach, world-class snorkeling with sea turtles and top diving with a great variety of life that thrives within the live coral reef just steps from our guest room.The relaxed atmosphere in Akumal captivates the spirit of a laid back Mayan Riviera beachside town. Akumal Beach Resort offers a truly unique experience for guests seeking the best possible beach vacation. All guest rooms are located in buildings within steps of the ocean and feature breathtaking views of Akumal Bay. With the convenience of an All-Inclusive, we provide our guests with a sophisticated simplicity and friendly service in the intimate atmosphere of a small resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Akumal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.