Here's What we Liked:
A bowl of fruit in your room greets you on arrival.
The room is supplied with two 1.5 L bottled water which is replenished daily.
Mini bar in room has soft drinks, a couple cans of beer and some nips of liquor, replenished daily. Room service is also included.
Restaurant choices are endless. Download the app ahead of time and book reservations at the a la carte restaurants as soon as you get your booking number. Best meals we had (although all were good) were at Alequin (Akumal) and Alux (Sian Kaan). Real gourmet offerings.
Appreciated the healthy choices at the buffets, especially the fruit, granola, yogurt and egg whites at breakfast.
They can amply handle all types of food allergies. Advise at check in and a note will be written up in both English & Spanish. At each restaurant this is presented and the guest advised what they can eat (or not), including a walk through the buffet by the chef or one of their staff.
Shuttles ran constantly and will bring you door to door, sometimes you need to change in the lobby to go to another property but rarely any long wait time.
Friendly and knowledgeable staff, most spoke English well. Other languages (e.g. French) also seem to be accommodated but to a lesser extent.
Things to bring: light sweater needed for evenings in February.
Here is what we didn't like: If a single beach towel is not enough for you, bring your own as there is no possibility to get extras. We brought our own and it worked out great.
The place is spotless and the staff is very dedicated.
If you want a nice worry free getaway vacation, go here.
Note: The hotel is 1 hour south of airport... make sure to get a transport reservation with the hotel when you book.....when you get off the plane its a mad house with hundreds of people trying to get a cab ride for you....hold your bags close and ignore everyone that approaches you and look for the guy with you name on a hand held sign. If you cant find them ask someone to find the guy for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day per device) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe