My husband an myself have just came back from the Grand Bahia Principe Akumal stayed for 14 night,
After reading other comments I was ready for some problems but did not have one, The staff was very friendly from the booking in to the checking out, we stayed in the Gold section of the hotel but other than getting a 4th alacart and a Gold lobby to check in at its not worth the upgrade as the rest of the facilities at the hotel are fantastic.
The rooms are very clean an comfortable, we asked for a sea view but did not get that but it did not matter as the complex is beautiful.
My advice to anyone going to this complex is that make use of all the hotels an facilities on the site try all the buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner you will never get bored.
All the alacarts are great the best ones we found were the Don Pablo (in the Coba) and the Le Gournmet in the Coba) men have to wear long trouser to these one but it’s well worth it.
The beach is as some people say its not the best but they have made it as nice as can be, there are plenty of sun loungers and lots of shade if needed everywhere on the complex.
We was very sad to be coming home and will look forward to another holiday here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Akumal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal Riviera Maya, Mexico