We were here in March 2013 for the second time and was certainly not disappointed! It was just as nice, if not better, a few improvements since we were here in Nov 2011. We were looked after very well as returning guests with a few nice touches, such as a la cartes all booked as requested, we got our first choice of block requested with added bonus of jacuzzi bath and lovely view over beach. Another nice touch was champagne and fruit basket, along with the customery tequila,of course! Staff are great and very welcoming. Resort is kept spotless, we even saw them cleaning the sea barriers (not sure what they are called, wave breakers?), two men scrubbing for a few hours - amazing quality to detail, dedicated to keeping all the resorts spotless.
Our favourite a la carte restaurant was Le Gourmet but we tried gran tortuga, portofino and dolce vita which were all good also. Went to akumal beach but much preferred tulum paradise beach. Used collectivos which are great economical and regular transport aswell as taxis.
The only disappointment this time around is that we only managed to get to coba pool once in 2 wks, due to annoying people utting towels on beds then disappearing for goodness knows how long! This wasnt allowed when we were there before as pool staff removed towels if nobody there using them. We were disappointed not to be able to go to the coba's great pool party which we hadso much fun at last time! The Coba entertainment team were mental - great fun and worked so hard to entertain you!
We can't praise gbp akumal enough and have booked to return again in Nov this year! Counting down the weeks til our return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day per device) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe