We stayed at The Bahia Principe Akumal from Feb. 22-March 1st. 2013.
My husband and I invited my husband's sister and her husband who have never traveled to join us on a trip to the Mayan Riviera. When they said yes, we decided to take them to the Bahia Principe Akumal where our daughter was married in 2009. We were blown away then with the excellent service etc. so thought it would be a good place for my husband's sister and her husband to start...
We weren't disappointed and neither were they! The resort has grown since we were there last but that didn't alter the wonderful service we received. We stayed in the Royal Golden section which is closest to the beach in villa 69. The room was exceptionally clean and kept that way by Elena who looked after us for our stay. It was also very quiet, a little bit away from the action.
There are plenty of deck chairs to be had whether on the beach or at a pool. The beach is lovely, clean and goes on forever. Since we visited last the beach has been extended and new palapas and a beach bar added.
The food at the buffets was great, lots of choices and something different every day. The A la carte restaurants are wonderful even though we only had time to partake in one, El Tortuga which is the Brazilian restaurant. The food was great and the service as well.
The grounds are exceptional, beautiful trees, flowers and shrubs everywhere and impeccably kept by what must be hundreds of groundskeepers. Wow! The pathways were even power washed almost every day!
You can walk everywhere if you choose or hop on a tram at one of the bus stops and go anywhere you like on any of the resorts, there are 4 in total.
We have stayed at Bahia Principe's in 3 countries now and, will continue to stay at a Bahia wherever possible!
Because our family members had such a wonderful first time experience here, they are already planning their next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe