First time we have been to mexico and first time all inclusive. Booked with first choice and chose this hotel because of location. I can honestly say that the pictures in online brochure do not do it justice!!. The staff could not do enough for you, everywhere was immaculate/clean and tidy.The room itself was better than expected, clean sheets and room cleaned daily and i do mean cleaned! we came back from breakfast early one morning to find our room being cleaned, nipped in just to pick up something to find bed pulled out all swept under and around, room smelt of bleach where floor had been cleaned.Bathroom was always cleaned new towels etc.The flush on toilet broke, reported it on way to breakfast, fixed and whole flush replaced by time got back, no more than 45 mins, try getting that done in uk!! The location of the hotel is excellent for trips, Xel Ha is no more than 20 min away, the Coba ruins about 45 min, these are the only ruins you can still climb. There is a beach right next to hotel always clean,no litter and raked every day. Towels are provided for the beach/pools and you can exchange them whenever you like. There are beach bars and pool bars aplenty. The water isnt very deep so to swim you need to walk towads Tulum where there are breakwaters and water is a bit deeper. The food was always hot plenty of it and amount of choice is amazing.We were there for two weeks so had six A-LaCarte visits but only managed four, just to much going on! There was entertainment most nights though don't expect a broadway production, but it was entertainment lasting about an hour. After the entertainment finished we used to go to the 'Hacienda' (Tulum) where the band played and we could dance in the streets until midnight until the disco kicked in if you liked that sort of thing!
Transport to get around the resort was golf buggies, very frequent - every 10 mins. Drivers would go out of their way to drop you off if not on their route.
A wonderful holiday, Mexican people so friendly/happy and helpful. First choice trips we did were excellent. Xel Ha and Coba Ruins - the guide Enrique was interesting and very passionate about Mayan culture. First choice Rep, Tara was excellent - again nothing too much trouble.
We shall be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day per device) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe