The hotel complex and grounds and rooms impeccably maintained, set essentially in the jungle on top of the lovely beaches.
The evening entertainment is sensational. Not your typical hotels ents. Don't miss the Mexican Night at the Hacienda on Thursday or the Michael Jackson tribute show in the hotel. Other nights brill too!
Service across the hotel excellent. Great coctails.
Say hello to Jose at B6 beach bar for me. Great guy!
Will definitely go back again but here a few tips for you and hotel
1. Food quality very good and variety excellent BUT some of the buffet food is sometimes luke-warm - not good esp for french fries! Hotel should reduce variety and more frequently top up fewer dishes more regularly.
2. Don't exchange money in hotel e.g. UK £ / Peso 19.6 in Tesco here, 20.25 on Playa and only 18.5 in hotel - makes a big difference when you book several tours at beginning of hols.
3. Check tour prices at cabins on hotel beach before you book with Thomson. Quite a price difference.
4. Use the Collectivo mini buses at doorstep of hotel. Cost to Playa (40 km away) 35 pesos pp one way a taxi 340 one way. Don't listen to nonsense about traveling in old wrecks with chickens - these are modern airconned buses, most locals traveling work in the hotels along the way. Playa is about 40 mins away and Tulum ruins about 20 mins.
5. If you want a great personalised tour check out Local Quickies - we had a great day with them - check the Tripadvisor reviews on them - i just wrote mine.
6. Playa shopping is a real experience - and I hate shopping!