The hotel itself was beautiful, rooms were nice and big, maids did a great job regardless of whether you leave them a tip or not. Ocean is very clean, beach is amazing. However when you go in the water there are a lot of rocks, and very strong waves, I did not really like that. Snorkeling on the beach is good, but again, strong currents, strong waves.
Food was really nothing special, i expected more. I went to RIu Cancun couple years earlier and the food there was amazing, I thought it would be on the same level here, but it was not. It wasn't bad, but often barely warm. You can eat at Coba, but it is the same thing there. I actually liked Akumal food better.
I went with my boyfriends and 5 of our single friends, it was a lot of fun! The mini disco at coba was always fun, went to Hacienda club 3 times, all young people, club music, lots and lots of fun! This hotel is definitely a good choice for singles between 20-25, which is what we were. I thought it was more of family place and was scared it would be boring, but it was amazing! There was music on the beach as well during the day.
Rooms were good, but we found dry blood on our sheets from an unknown source... it was supposed to be clean. Other than that rooms were clean, shower was hot. Our friends stayed at COBA and said their room had a terrible smell.
Overall it was a good vacation, a lot of young people, a lot of fun, the only REAL complaint is the hotness of food, which was lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day per device) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe