My wife, her friend and I stayed from March 1st until March 3rd. We had booked an entire week but it got so bad we ended up moving to another resort. I was going to go into detail about it all but I'll keep it short here and save the detail for my letter to Sunwing. So here's the "Cole's Notes" version.
Service from the front desk:
Horrible, not one staff member cared that we were unhappy with the quality of the resort and considered ourselves mislead by both Sunwing and Oasis's website. We were told several times "you got what you paid for". We never once debated that, just that we thought we were paying for more. I tried to upgrade us and pay the difference, nope.
Broken Lamp, patio door that wouldn't lock (we were on the ground level), phone that didn't work, and bar fridge that didn't work. We asked 5 times our first day for these things to be fixed. Nothing... Wasn't until the second day when we unloaded on the Unique agent (their time share salesman) that anything got fixed. We complained about feeling cheated because everything looked nice online but was run down, shabby, and rusted in person. He said we were not the first people to make these complaints and apologized. Then tried to get me to sit through his presentation for $100 USD I could spend at the resort, needless to say we didn't sit through his presentation...
Our Friends First Room:
The lights & phone didn't work. Again brought it to the front desks attention FIVE times in the first day (Thank you for nothing Milca) and it took the Unique Agent on the second day before they told us they didn't know what was wrong with the lights and would move our friend.
Our Friends Second Room:
We couldn't get her into her second room until 4 pm. Then we went for supper and drinks. Dropped her off at her room around 9:30 only get get a phone call in our room shortly there after... Turns out the ceiling in her bathroom above her bathtub had COLLAPSED. There was plaster everything, exposed pipes, mold smell etc. So at about 10 she was off to her third room...
Our Friends Third Room:
No soap, no towels, no bottled water. She called housekeeping to bring her some and proceeded to wash her face while she waited. Everything was fine until she couldn't turn the water off... The housekeeper couldn't turn the water off... And when Maintenance came they shut the hot water to her room off completely and told her they'd look at it the next day...
Our friend was visited by a Guest Relations Agent after breaking down in front of the housekeeper. Finally FINALLY someone cared and our friend spoke with a guest relations rep (only because the housekeeper went and told the guest relations people what had happened). She was very upset and unhappy as we all were by 11 pm that night with all the crap that had gone on. The Guest Relations Rep said they didn't have any more rooms they could move us to at the Oasis Tulum, they were fully booked. But did offer to send us to the Oasis Sens in Cancun. We took her up on it and stayed the remainder of our trip in Cancun at the Oasis Sens. It's a MUCH MUCH nicer resort and we didn't have to play musical rooms.
Even though we enjoyed the Oasis Sens we will never travel via Sunwing (misleading, and their reps were TERRIBLE) or staying at another Oasis resort ever again (The service we got the first two days, room issues aside, was lower than low).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico