We just returned from 2 weeks at the Oasis in Tulum, after being there for one week in April. The beach and the centralized location to Tulum, Akamel and Playa keeps calling us back.
Let me say one thing about the staff.They work hard.
In particular... 2 staff members seemed to really stand out. Emmanual who looked after us on the terrace at the Arrecife buffet was incredible. I have never in any of my travels experienced such a hard working-working and pleasant employee. He made my wife and I feel welcome and want to return once again to The Oasis. Another employee who really stood out was Michelle who greeted us on many occasions at the Arricife and the Dos Lunas a la carte.I never saw Michelle with anything but a smile on her face and a welcome greeting.I really feel these 2 individuals should be applauded for their efforts as they are 2 true ambassadors for this resort.
Our room was very clean and the housekeeping staff,(in particular a young man)made every effort to keep it so. On numerous occasions we saw guests from other resorts enjoying the beach in front of the resort.
If you have never experienced powdery white sand, check out this resort. If you walk south along the beach outside of the Oasis property, the sand eventually looses this powdery soft texture , becoming somewhat coarser and less pleasant to walk on .Because of the reef in front of the resort, we were able to snorkel every day of our 2 week stay, with fish being plentiful even a few feet from shore. I captured a lot of them on video, along with a stingray and some squid.We couldn't have snorkeled anywhere near as often in front of the more southern resorts as the water was way too rough for our abilities. And more water sports are coming.
While we were there we spoke with a gentleman from the Akumal Dive Shop who was putting a shop up next to the resort with plans for Kayaks, pedal boats and paddle boards, along with plans for scuba training in one of the resorts pools and excursions in front of the resort. Sounds great! This resort seems to be moving in the right direction with added services such as these, and with more employees such as Emmanual and Michelle they will certainly attract more guests. We will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico