We were at this resort one year ago and thought it was better than it's reviews indicated, and I wrote to defend it. Not this year! Last year the food and drinks were good and plentiful. This year the food was barely edible and the liquor is all off brand stuff that is undrinkable. It is a real shame because the location is lovely with a great beach, nice pools and beautiful grounds.
Morning coffee and juices are not very good, OJ tasted like Tang!
There is no Kahlua, only tequila with coffee beans floating in it! Table wines were totally undrinkable, the red had actually turned and was brown.
The salt shakers are all empty, the olive oil is rancid, there is often no butter for toast at breakfast
Couldn't even get a hotdog for lunch, nachos and club sandwich were awful, hamburger was almost warm and tasted like filler.
At dinner the Mexican restaurant had no Pico's de gallo for the fajitas
A year ago they offered complimentary champagne at dinner, this year they try to sell you upgraded wine.
There is a $30 charge for five days of Internet when it is free everywhere in the world!
The AC made both of us sick, which happened last year also. I thought it was only a cold but this year we both needed antibiotics to clear a sinus infection after we left Oasis. It makes me wonder what might be growing in their AC system!
Our sympathy to all the wonderful staff, they work hard and they have to deal with the unhappy guests. I'm sure they are overworked and underpaid, and if this club goes under they will be unemployed thru no fault of their own.
How interesting that they respond to these reviews by saying how dedicated they are to customer satisfaction. In fact nothing seems to be improving even after numerous complaints on this forum. We asked to speak with a supervisor at checkout but they were all in a meeting. No doubt trying to figure out how to "save" more money at the expense of their guests and staff.
We are not fussy or demanding people and we chose this resort because it was a bargain off-season. We didn't expect first class but we did expect to enjoy our visit as much as the previous year, and unfortunately we did not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "People say I'm gorgeous, but that's just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that's definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids' Club". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Orbitz and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico