My husband and I travelled to the Oasis Tulum the week of October 26th with the promise of a free upgrade by Sunwing. I usually never travel this time of year due to the weather but both my husband and I were exhausted and stressed from work. I have travelled all over the world and know what to expect when I do... but I did not expect what we got here. Was it a great deal, yes...were they honest with what to expect...absolutely not. When we arrived we were greeted at the desk by a very unfriendly person named Rafael. He did not smile or welcome us. He offered no information like where we could find some lunch or the fact that half the hotel was shut down. When I mentioned the free upgrade he played dumb and then when I pushed said it was only if they had something available...not sure what that meant because an upgrade was a just a different colour wrist band ( which is totally stupid and frustrating) Oasis lose the wrist band gimmick... This would have made it possible to eat at all restaurants. This also would have been a huge help since half the restaurants for people with only an orange band were closed and we had very little selection. We were then taken to this god awful room that had no hot water for 2 days and was so damp the floors were always wet and slippery. I almost killed myself one day when I slipped.. When ask to move several times Rafael lied and said the other sections were closed. I had already met guests staying in these sections. I have been to Mexico at least 5 times and have never been treated by a front desk clerk like this ever.....After wasting my time going to the desk several times he finally let us move 3 rooms over and again no hot water. He said to upgrade us would be $150.00 a night which was a complete joke because I already knew 2 families from my flight that were given an upgraded room for nothing... I made several attempts to bring up the free upgrade and he just refused. Other guest however were given better rooms (Ocean front) and upgraded bands. By this time I was furious and was letting it ruin my vacation. I was there to distress and was doing the exact opposite. What I didn't do was make a huge scene as I promised my husband I wouldn't. Believe me when I say I was not the only one upset. When I went to the Sunwing Rep he didn't care in the slightest. He didn't even know our flight home information. All he cared about was trying to sell us a tour. I will be taking my family of 7 on vacation next November and believe me I sure won't be taking them here. If this wasn't bad enough I came home with a terrible ear and sinus infection and a nasty cold. I could say a lot more but I think you get the idea.
On a good note, the beach was beautiful and 90% of the staff was great. I also met some great people, Hi to Mat, Cassidy, Sue, Clayton, Helga and Romeo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "People say I'm gorgeous, but that's just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that's definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids' Club". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico