I've never been so disappointed in a resort.
Sometimes it’s difficult to choose a resort because comments range from “it’s the greatest”, to “never again”.
We decided to book the Oasis Tulum because if we traveled in the month of October we'd be given a free upgrade to the Grand. The upgrade was only for the room, it did not include the other perks that come with a stay at the Grand. We could not go to the la carte restaurants unless we paid for the meals. The room was very nice looking, and it was clean, however we also experienced the overwhelming musty smell that others have described. We found that having the AC on helped with the smell somewhat, but the AC was so loud I didn’t sleep for the first two nights. I also discovered that when I arrived back home, I brought the musty smell with me. All of my personal belongings had a stench.
Although the Oasis advertises several restaurants, and two buffets, and a few snack bars, there was only one buffet and two a la carte restaurants. For lunch we had a choice of Italian or the snack bar. The only time the snack bar was open was for lunch. Dinner was either the buffet, which seemed to serve the same food everyday, or Italian, or Mexican. The sushi bar and the Happy Chicken were closed the entire week we were there. Every resort I've been to there was always food available at any given time, not at the Oasis. If you want a snack at at 3:00 in the afternoon, you're out of luck, because everything is closed.
I have to add, the staff were very friendly and were very helpful.
The evening entertainment was great.
The beach, spectacular. We wondered out to the beach around 10:00 every day and never had a problem getting a lounge chair. The infinity pool is as beautiful as the pictures on the site. The garden view is heavenly.
Will I be returning? No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico