My wife and travel quite a bit and stay in the Playa area often and we unfortunately have to say that the Grand and the Oasis Tulum is the worst overall stay we have had. The food was subpar, the accommodations on the Oasis side are rough. We met couples staying on the Grand side who had just as much trouble as we did including having to be move to different rooms on 3 different occasions due to the smell. Upgrading was of no help because even there best rooms were not all that. We upgraded to the black bracelet which gives you access to all the restaurants but half of them were never open or only open 1 or 2 times during the week. The food was bland and there was no air conditioning anywhere except in your room so the deserts were always melting and chilled foods spoil after being subjected to heat for long periods of time. Rather nasty. We ended up eating out quite a bit. There are couple of great little restaurants in Akmul. We recommend the Cave of the Fisherman.
On the flip side, the service was amazing. The staff went above and beyond to make the stay as pleasant as possible. They work there butts off with what little resources they have to work with.
Lastly, the beach is the best we have ever had! It made all the bad tolerable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico