We arrived today on October 8 few hours ago . We stayed in the Oasis Tulum. The room was quiet and faced the internal pools area, #2326. The check in was a breeze with Ms. Vanessa at the reception. The A/C was working but the last few days not to the full capacity. The cleaning was good. Overall the hotel is very clean and neat. The food in the restaurants was always fresh and enough, a lot of meat of different types, salads, mexican homemade style cheeses and traditional mexican food. Thanks to waiter Emmanuel we were getting all orders quickly and with good service. The wines-- red and white dry wines were very good. The cocktails were very well made, Cuba Libra, Mohito, Pina Colada. We watched only two shows: the Mayan theatre and the Carribean dancing, it was extremely attractive and professional, we regret very much we did watch the other ones. The organser and the host of the shows Rai, a young fellow from Bolivia was great and very entertaining. Free snorkelling sessions are provided on the beach at the lifeguard and towel tower. We had it with two instructors, one of them was Fabio, an italian with the British accent, living now in Mexico. He was very professional and caring during the whole session. If you feel fit for a one hour swim, do it, amazing, the reef is very close from the shoreline, it takes about 45min to 1 hour. They have sessions at 11 am, 12 pm, and 4 pm. The towels are available always, no problems at all. The sunbeds under the beach huts were always available at any point of time. We we went to Xcaret, the theme park, the zoo, the beach combination with the nice night show, the free lunch included, several restaurants available with different cuisine. A nice place to see but a bit tiring , you start at 8 a.m. and arrive at 10 pm. There two very good jewellery stores Lapis and Matis, both established by the Turkish business, an abundant selection with superb and unique design, nice discount policy. There were holydaymakers from different countries: Argentina, Columbia, Venezuela, Quecers, Torontonians. The beach is great, the water is crystal blue, you swim surrounded by the exotic fish. The taxi service in Cancun is quite expensive, from Cancun to the hotel the fare is $155.00 for two people. We enjoyed the whole stay in this hotel and want to say thank you to staff. Everyone wet met was friendly and helpful, I wished I had known the Spanish language better. There were some drawbacks in the service, they missed the cleaning our room on the next day of our arrival, the did not call when we requested an early wake up call, the faucet and the the shower curtain are not good, the water is spreading everywhere. The hotel at night looks dark, especially the lobby, I would make it brighter and put two pool tables and make and a social spot at night. We assume the hotel knows about these problems and will fix it soon with a high season coming. The bus from the hotel to the Cancun airport was way too long, more than 2 hours for 100 km, collecting people from different hotels.
P.S. Don't forget the duty free shop at the airport with a nice selection of the mexican silver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico