Down to the point
Arrived late on Friday night, was not greeted or directed in any way shape or form to the lobby or our room. Once we finally got to the room, our keys didn't work - nor did the replacement keys. Having to call someone that doesn't speak english to let you into your room at 1 in the morning on your first night is NOT a good start. Our fridge was empty and open yet still plugged in. Apparently they only stock your fridge with refreshments and beer if you stay on the Grand side - so much for ALL INCLUSIVE STAY!
We decided to get some late night food since we had been travelling all day and it was near 1 in the morning - the 24 hour food was nothing more than slices of bread and sandwich meats that were no doubt left over from the buffet and no doubt made me sick to my stomach one night. After leaving the sandwich meats we attempted to get a beer, the only bar that was open was on the "grand " side and would not serve us at all. Let me state I was never offered a upgrade to the GRAND side while booking my trip - I had no idea it existed until arrival and refusal of service and refusal to even walk over to the other pool. Not cool and extremely disappointing. My girlfriend wrote a huge complaint letter our first night and they did their best to accommodate us by giving us an upgraded bracelet at no charge which let us drink at any bar - mind you the Grand side bar has next to nothing going on and seems like a ghost town. Do NOT stay here if you want any sense of night life.
Food was very very MEDIOCRE. Almost everyone in my group got sick - the one person who did not feel sick was a vegetarian so it tells you something about how they cook the meat. Keep in mind unless you stay on the Grand side - you do not have access to some of the restaurants - we got an upgraded bracelet that let us eat at them but we had to pay $25 a head extra to eat there.
Friends of ours had their room broken into TWICE and lost their iphone, ipod and camera. It was on the same night where they booked a trip to the coco bongo - coincidence that someone knew they were out of their room? I think not. Something fishy going on there.
Towels were sometimes hard to come by - I realize it must be tough to keep up with the demand but I believe a resort should always have towels ready and available.
Those were my complaints - our friends have many more and I will let them tell their own story on here.
Some of the staff were VERY friendly and I do not want to give everyone a bad name there cause a lot of our servers were actually quite pleasant and positive people. Others not so much.
Beach was beautiful and made it easier to forget some of the other negative aspects of the resort. Bring snorkel gear as there is lots of fish!
Overall I would NOT return to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "People say I'm gorgeous, but that's just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that's definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids' Club". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico