We stayed at the Oasis Tulum for a week and just returned. We definitely had a few hiccups, (room mix-up, card problems) but they were all resolved by patience and persistence.
The first thing people should know is to find out where your room is located. Ours was in the building furthest from the main area (about 1/4 of a mile) yes they had a golf cart running people in between, but not as convenient as being able to walk up to your room, to get something. They do not have enough chairs at the pool or at the beach, and it didn't matter what time we were there in the morning- there was just not enough. Beach was very pretty, but the water too rough to swim in, especially since there was coral in the swimming area, and to hit that it would have really scratched you up, but the snorkelling was good. The buffet was OK. It was very clean, and lots, but nothing outstanding. We tried both a-la cart restaurants and were not fans of either- but others were- so... personal preference.
I think the biggest disappointment for us, was that there was nothing close by, even just to do some local shopping. We did appreciate the shuttles to and from the different excursions.
We have to give a big shout-out to David, Freddie, and Hector- those guys were amazing and kept everybody entertained. They were always trying to make sure you were not bored, and we appreciated that. We also liked that they took the time out to sit with us and talk to us, so that when we met up with them in the resort they knew who we were.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Maya Riviera
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.