I’m conflicted about this review. I would return, renting from one of the remaining private condominium owners. But I would not stay again through Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum. The condominiums are ocean view and within steps of the beach, pool, etc. and well kept if still privately owned. They have kitchenettes which have been removed when purchased by Oasis Tulum owner. The private owners we met were very welcoming and helpful, making our stay much nicer. The majority of the staff were very pleasant. The problem is there is an extremely small staff so the service is limited at best.
My primary complaint was with the food. Reservations must be made for the Mexican and Italian restaurants which fill rapidly and can only be made 24 hrs in advance. The food at the buffet was too repetitive and very unimpressive compared to other resorts we have visited. I expected much better and was very disappointed. When we go to Mexico, we expect to have Mexican food choices which were extremely limited if available and frankly substandard. I could do better any day of the week which is just plain wrong.
If you are an early riser and require coffee you are SOL. It is usually hard to find until after 7:30am. If you like to stay up all night drinking you are also SOL. This is NOT a 24 hr. resort like many others.
We vacationed with 6 other couples. Several had issues with not having hot water or water at all. Some had problems with their toilets. The stench of raw sewage was overwhelming at times and extremely unpleasant. They need to make the investment to fix this problem once and for all since it appears to be a chronic problem.
Bottled water is available but they are stingy about giving it out. Tap beer was part of the all inclusive. However, you had to buy bottled beer of any other brand and it was extremely expensive even, by U.S. standards.
On a positive point, this resort is located in an area secluded by rocky areas on each end so there is no ‘beach traffic’ or local sellers walking the beach. There are numerous cenotes and things to do in close by compared to Playa del Carmen. It felt more private and safe with easy access to off resort activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "People say I'm gorgeous, but that's just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that's definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids' Club". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico