Our stay was from Feb 1 - 8, 2013. I was very anxious about our vacation from reading reviews and was very apprehensive. We did stay on the Grand Side, so my comments will reference this. Our vacation could not have been better. Upon arrival, we checked in with the concierge, and barely in our chairs when we were greeted by a staff member, asking what we would like to drink from the bar. The friendliness and service never stopped....We received gold wrist bands, and had no restrictions on anything. We did not have to pay extra for the safe or for wifi service. There are restrictions depending on the color of your band, however. The ala carte restaurants, especially the Steakhouse, and the Mexican Gourmet were incredible! The food was delicious and the presentation a work of art. The room was huge, with a large terrace and jacuzzi tub; our room also had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Our view was one of the best.
The beach and swimming were great; we never had a shortage of getting a towel, but if you wanted a spot on the beach with a palapa, you did have to get up around 6 am. to reserve one. if you are concerned about not having a towel, bring one of your own - we did, but would not have needed to. We saw towels being replenished throughout the day, and more beach chairs being delivered and set out on the beach while we were there, so I believe they are aware of this concern and are doing their best to improve. There is also a computer in the lobby of the Grand Side that is available to guests to use at no charge if you do need internet access.
There is a roof top lounge with sunbeds and plunge pools that is a "best kept secret"! Superb service there! Ricardo was an incredible bartender, and made sure your glass was never empty. After one visit, he remembered what you were drinking for the rest of the stay. He said they are planning on a kitchen and a theater up there in the future, as well as a disco. If you were on the Grand Side, there was beach service with drinks and appetizers throughout the day (appetizers brought around on the roof top as well).
Snorkeling was great, water warm, great beach for walking.
We had NO issues with theft, or anything in the room. Water in the shower was never hot, but we just didn't turn on the cold water, and it was just fine.
Occasionally housekeeping came to the room to make sure we had what we needed, and to restock our refrigerator - we always had water, beer, and soft drinks in our fridge. Our room also had an espresso machine, which noramally would be just a coffee maker, so that was a nice ammenity.
Please don't hesitate to stay here. We didn't stay on the Oasis side, but did walk through, and the pools seemed very nice, and we did not notice any smells, that has been referenced. One night after dinner, we walked down the road, to the Club section, close to the entrance, and had a drink at their sports bar - This is a smaller area, and quite a ways from the beach, but seemed like a lively atmosphere, with plenty to do around the pool.
The shows we went to were very good - the light show, the circus, and the fire show on the beach were all very enjoyable. We were there for the Super Bowl, and they had the game on a large screen, and served popcorn and nachos.
The transfer time from the airport to this resort was 1 hr 20 minutes, with no stops....I did talk to some that had several stops so it took about 3 hrs. You might want to book a private, or a nonstop shared transfer to cut down on the time.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Maya Riviera
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, MexVax, Tingo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.