Stayed Feb 4-11. 1st half of vacation was ok. mainly due to the beautiful weather and beautiful beach. The week was marked with staff with different answers to every question depending on who you asked, musty or mold smells in the room/bath, restauants offered were not as advertized, no fitness equipment, door locks not working, etc. We are generally go with the flow and just wanted to enjoy our vacation so we just let that all go. BUT>>>>Our room was broken into on friday. We had over $1000 of electronic equpiment and money taken.
The security staff took a report that was about three lines long. We tried to talk to a manager over and over and the staff kept giving us the run around about when he would be in. Staff lied about statements we made to them over and over so they would not be held liable. We had ordered a lock for the safe on day one and they never delivered one as promised. They also refused to give us more than one key for our room of three people. I told them about the lock and lack of keys and our door having issues locking and staff treated me like i was lying. I begged them to review security footage, something that should have been done immediatly, and they said they may in the future. We had three rooms booked for our party of 7 and they offered nothing to offset our loss, not even apology. It was only when mentioned this that they offered an apology and that is it.
When i mentioned that some people we met had their room broken into on the same night we were there they had no idea and tried to brush it off. They just happened to be in the room. Those people demanded to be moved and were comped massages after screaming and yelling at the staff/manager.
Also, sandals and books were stolen from people around the pool and by the beach area. Very unsafe and must keep your items on you.
Even on the last day we were there the staff came into our room at 7:30am for no reason and no explaination. Same with the room we had next door. We just happened to be there.
I was very disappointed by the lack of professionalism by the security, which was a joke. The staff, who were not clear about what was going on in general. And by the manager and concierge, who treated me like I was stupid. How frustrating! I plan to never, ever return there and to warn off as many people as possible.
Please don't go to this place. It will be a ruined vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico