We just got back from the Oasis Tulum and let me tell you we were not disappointed. We read all of the reviews and we were really worried on what we got ourselves into!! We booked the Oasis Tulum Grand Oceanfront room and called several times to make sure that we were on the "Grand" side. When we arrived at the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised! The resort was beautiful! Everything was clean and well kept. Check-in was smooth. Our room was not ready yet but they did give us out wrist bands and told up to check back in about 30 minutes. It took longer than that but we were able to get drinks.....nice strong drinks...so the time it took was not an issue!! We walked around and checked everything out and we were wondering at that point what everyone's issues were about!
While we were exploring the resort we came upon a gentleman named Emilio in the Box Wine Bar and he was wonderful! He took us around and showed us where everything was including the rooftop bar with cold tubs! OMG was that absolutely beautiful! Emilio was one of the highlights of our trip, he even arranged for a private dinner on the beach for my birthday! (at a small additional cost) He spoke excellent English and was bending over backwards to make sure our trip was the best it could be.
Once we got our room we were even more pleased! Our room was 2101 and it walked right out onto the sand. We had 2 chairs right outside our room but we did have to save them in the morning otherwise people would come up and take the chairs and move them down to the water but the staff did bring them back up every night and the towels were removed. The room was clean and very modern with a gorgeous view of the ocean! The beverages were stocked every day. There was an electronic safe in the room and the internet was provided for free in the lobby. I was on vacation so I was not looking for WiFi so I can not help anyone out on that.
We used the entire facility and walked every inch of the resort. We loved the entire place. We made it a point to ask people what they thought of the resort and their rooms and no matter where they were staying, the grand, the oasis or the Casa club they were all very happy and also said that they do not know what all of the complaints were about on here! The grounds are well taken care of and they are always cleaning and painting!
The drinks were well made and nice and strong! We loved the sushi wet bar and Efrian and Ana were great! Efrian would make the drinks and take the orders and even went all the way over to the Happy Chicken to get food if you do not want the sushi. Ana made the sushi and did and excellent job. She even had specials that she made that were not on the menu!! The buffet and restaurants were also great.
All said we had an excellent vacation and would defiantly go there again!
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Maya Riviera
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.