We arrived last nite with trepidation after reading recent reviews. Our only small problem was at the first building where a guard told us it was closed and offered no other explanation. On a hunch we drove further down the driveway and found a very welcoming and very much open resort.It seems only the extra public section out front is closed because they are not at capacity and don't need it! They had our reservation but did need a printed copy off our iPad. We worked that out with the very sweet English-speaking consierge. W ewere shown 2 rooms and given our choice and then had a very tasty dinner in the mexican grill, while a mariachi band played softly (a first for a mariachi band in my experience!) nearby. Today we had breakfast in the buffet which is bright and clean with windows all around looking out at the carribean sea. All the usual fruits, etc and delicious made to order omelettes and good coffee.
The beach is beautiful, the water calm and clear and a reef just off-shore for good snorkeling. The hotel is not full but there are people here from nearly every European country, US,and Canada, even Mexico,and the staff tries hard to be helpful to them all.
It is too bad that some people have had a bad experience here but I would guess that they are working hard to improve things and I would not hesitate to make a future reservation or recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “People say I’m gorgeous, but that’s just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that’s definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids’ Club.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico