“Very interesting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Attractions in Akumal
Type: Educational Sites, Sights & Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Dos Ojos Scuba specializes in cavern and cave diving services, including guiding and training (IANTD - Cavern to Full Cave Diver and PADI - all recreational scuba diver levels). The dive shop is located at the main entrance of cenotes Dos Ojos on Highway 307, close to Xel-Ha, about 6 miles (10 km) south of Akumal or 10 miles (12 km) north of Tulum.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Very interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015 NEW

I snorkelled the caves, my partner scuba'd. So very interesting and nice to dive in fresh water. Make sure you visit the Bat Cave!

Visited January 2015

Texcoco, Mexico
“Cenote”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

Found it so-so, but the 'human soup' scene is not really my cup of tea. Trundled along with others in our party keen on it

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Went the extra mile for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

Due to our flight times we had just 1 day to do a dive in Dos Ojos, but when we called the shop they had already done their last dive for the day (about 1pm). Amazingly, one of the dive masters said he would stay behind and do the dive with just the two of us. We are so grateful that we had the opportunity to do the dive, because it was one of the most unique diving experiences I've had.

The staff at the Dos Ojos Scuba Dive Shop really helped us out, arranging the park entrance fee, getting us kitted out in quick time and providing a safe, relaxed environment to dive in. The dive masters really know their stuff and there is a great emphasis placed on safety, which is excellent to see. The dive routes, signals and other information are explained in detail before the dive. The kit provided is in good condition and worked faultlessly. The dive masters have additional tanks for the cave dives which adds to the safety factor. The pricing was the same as other shops in the area, so they're not scamming tourists, despite their prime shop location, which is a relief for anyone who is familiar with this area of Mexico! Again, a massive thanks to the guys at Dos Ojos, you made our trip magical!

Visited March 2014
Denmark
3 attraction reviews
“Cannot recommend enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

We were highly impressed by the service and professionalism of Luis and his crew at Dos Ojos. I took my AOW certification with them while my boyfriend, who was already AOW certified (+400 dives) went along on my training dives. Luis really went above and beyond to ensure that I got the best possible training dives while my boyfriend would also be able to find the dives interesting. It really was incredible value for money.
My boyfriend has been diving for more than 20 years and was blown away by the cenotes, not least Dos Ojos, as was I. The area offers world-class diving. Luis' crew are highly experienced technical divers and certainly not your average dive masters. We always felt safe and well taken care of, even when diving with bull sharks, which was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. All the gear was in good condition and everything was handled professionally but with a very warm atmosphere.
Luis always responded promptly to my many emails and questions and you really felt that they wanted you to have the best possible experience, and they timed our dives in cenotes to ensure as few other divers as possible. We will return and we will definitely be diving with Dos Ojos scuba dive shop again.

Visited December 2014
Scarborough
“Toilets?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

Not too sure about the toilets in here, need a bit of regular cleaning! They did a great job with taking photos of our snorkel experience with the seat turtles

Visited May 2014