“Fantastic Akumal Dive Experience over New Year” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 21 Activities in Akumal
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Akumal Dive Shop is a 5 Star PADI IDC center. The first dive shop on Mexico's Caribbean mainland. With over 30 years experience we offer the best from accommodation, tours, snorkeling and recreational diving to advanced levels of instructor training in Akumal Riviera Maya Mexico.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Larchmont, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Akumal Dive Experience over New Year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family of six (kids ages 13,14,14,16) visited Akumal 12/26-1/4/14. My four daughters completed their Padi certifications (did check out dives and review) with the Akumal Dive Shop. The dive shop was FANTASTIC! A perfect combination of professional, knowledgeable, patient (4 teens) and fun. We rented much of our equipment from them and it was all in great condition and ready everyday when we arrived. They made diving so easy and stress free..the boats leave right from the beach and and everything was on time and ready to go every day. We did a total of 8 dives with the ADS and all were great, including a night dive which I would highly recommend. We saw big eels, barracuda, tons of turtles, rays, huge crabs (king crab even!), lobster, spanish lobster, too many fish to mention, and the reefs were vibrant and healthy. Our dive masters were Jesus and Lois and they were like family friends by the end of our stay. We had the photographer Israel (sp?) take photos on several dives and they were great also. The entire staff of ADS was wonderful. I will definitely return to AKUMAL and highly recommend anybody looking for a professional dive shop to use ADS!

Visited January 2014
akumalCom, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Akumal Dive Shop, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hola cathy!
We are so glad you wrote to us and we feel very honored by your comments! We are really glad you enjoyed being with us and being part of the ADS family for the time of your stay! We loved having you here! You guys closed the year diving and started the new year diving too! What a better way to celebrate it!
We appreciate very much your comments and we really hope you guys come back sometime again!
Thank you very much for diving with us and for recommending us so much!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Great Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The dive shop outfitted us with everything we needed and also provided a tour guide so we could see some turtles. They also sent along a photographer with us that took some great underwater pictures. Our guide helped us with our 6 year old and pulled her around on a boogie board. The cost was around $30.00 per person with kids paying the same rate. Our pictures cost us around $40 for a disc with lots of pictures on it. We were very happy with our experience. The dive shop also gave us lockers and there were bathroom facilities and a shower to rinse off.

Visited December 2013
akumalCom, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Akumal Dive Shop, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hola mssbeach8!
We are happy you felt comfortable with us and that you had all you needed when you came to Akumal to snorkel and that you left with great memories in pictures! We hope you come back again and join us on more adventures!
Thank you!
Aurora, Colorado
“Good Dive Shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

They were very accomodating in providing equipment to snorkel with the turtles. Price was reasonable. Service was good. People were friendly and spoke English.

Hola SB_Lenz!
We are happy that you felt satisfied with our services while your visit to Akumal! We hope you saw many turtles and fish and that your experience was memorable! Thank you very much for writing and we hope you visit Akumal on your next trip to the Riviera Maya!
US
4 attraction reviews
“Very professional and well organized.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My son and I just returned from a great vacation and dive with Akumal Dive Shop. From my initial inquiry through completion of two days of diving they were prompt, courteous, and extremely professional. I highly recommend them if you are considering a dive trip and would be my first choice if I am able to return to the area. Our first day began with a refresh course as we had not dove for over year and followed with a local reef dive. Safety was most important to me since day 2 was a dive trip to Cenotes Dos Ojos. I felt very comfortable throughout.

Hola oreocooki!
We are so glad you did the dives in the ocean and cenotes! But also so glad that you felt very comfortable the whole time! We really hope you come back again soon to the Riviera Maya to keep exploring with us the area!
Thank you very much!
Brandon, MB
8 attraction reviews
“Akumal Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had planned on doing some diving while my wife and I were on vacation near Akumal. Last year I was certified by the great staff at the Akumal Dive Shop. This year, the staff showed why I returned. I completed 9 dives on the reefs. Visibility was poor on a couple dives due to the high winds, but the dives were good regardless. Saw some new wildlife.
Equipment was in great shape, boat capts were great and assisted if divers needed help with gear. Dive masters were excellent. Enjoyed dives with DM Adiel, Condor and Cholo. Franseca at the reception was awesome.
Met some great people and made new friends. That's what it's all about.
I would definitely return. Possibly dive the cenotes on next trip.

Hola Sandytrus!
We feel very happy to read that you came back after your certification and that your diving experience with us was great! We loved having you here and we will be honored to have you diving with us agai in the future. You must come back to dive the cenotes for sure!!!
Thank you very much and we hope to see you very soon!