“handy.....” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 21 Activities in Akumal
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Akumal Dive Center located in the main Akumal Bay, next to the Lolha Restaurant. We offer snorkel tours, rental equipment, scuba, dive classes, Open 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM.
nashville
8 attraction reviews
“handy.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had to get some anti-fog because I ran out of spit :), then went back the day we left for 2 t-shirts, good service!

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Dallas
3 attraction reviews
“Mediocre Dive Shop.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Hotel Club Akumal Caribe and this shop is onsite and only steps from the room so I thought I would give it a try. The hotel is great and my review is confined to the shop. Tiny boat, mediocre equipment, disrespectful staff. I had no dove for awhile and the staff sat on there lazy butts and mocked me while I got my equipment together. My wetsuit zips in the front and they laughed me for putting their equipment on backwards. OK, maybe it was funny, they pissed me off. This a do it yourself shop. Get your stuff from the window, lug it to the tiny boat, and off you go. Safety was as described in other posts. So-so. They offer a series of one tank dives, so you go out and come back each time. You get a discount if you do multiple dives per day. You rent equipment by the day. I paid 28 US for all but mask. The dive was pretty good at to Tortuga Reef. Aptly named - we saw a turtle - but there are turtles off the beach. Reef was uncrowded and very clear at 80 ft. They take photos and it is 42US for a CD. No help when you get back. The equipment check in guy points to places to put your equipment. Gee thanks. Of the dozen or so shops I have dove with this one is low on the list.

Visited June 2013
Round Rock, TX
13 attraction reviews
“Very professional and helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

These guys did a great job of helping us schedule our scuba diving excursions both on the reefs and cenotes. We had our own gear so I can't speak to the rental gear. The prices were better than the other dive shops and they were very willing to come pick us up from the resort (on time).

Thanks guys, I'd recommend to a friend.

Regina, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Another great turtle visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a great place to grab some fins, life jackets and a locker to put your stuff in. The people are extremely friendly and remembered us from last year. We will be returning in Feb of 2014. Hopefully we will be scuba cerified and I can write a great review on a scuba tour.

Remember when looking for the turtles, just head to the grass line and follow it, then follow along till you see what may what looks like a rock that is moving. Its a turtle...

Enjoy :)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
“Very helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited here twice just to rent life jackets and a locker, decent prices and the 2nd visit they had no lockers left so the guy behind the counter offered to look after our stuff for us, being fairly trusting people we let him and all of our things were safe and fine when we returned a couple of hours later. Thanks!