We just returned from this amazing resort. When we arrived, check in was very efficient and organized. We didn't have to worry about packing our bags around with us and they were in our room when we were given the keys at 1500. We arrived around noon and while we couldn't get our room early, there's a locker area in the main lobby (with showers) that you can use to put your stuff. Don't forget to pack a bathingsuit in your carry on is you're going to be arriving early. Check out is at noon so if your flight is later, plan on using this locker area and showers (keep some shampoo and soap with you. We were told this would be available in the showers but it wasn't).
The resort is beautifully kept. Everything is so nicely manicured and pretty that is made walking around this huge resort a pleasure. Strolling around the resorts is easy but if you don't feel like walking, there's always shuttles driving around and the drivers are happy to stop and pick you up where ever you may be.
The food was wonderful. The buffet at Coba offered the best selection. Make sure to leave a couple dollars tip. The people there work very hard. For the a la carte dining, book these ASAP when you get there. We really enjoyed Le Gourmet, Tequila, and Arlequin (if you like steak, order the filet mignon here...so yummy).
We didn't head out to the night clubs at the hacienda (near the entrance of the resort) as they don't open until midnight. We spent most evening sitting at the Daiquiri Bar in Coba where a live band plays every night.
The beach is lovely with lots of chairs to go around. We got the beach every day and had no problems finding a place to sit. There is pretty good snorkling right off the beach with lots of fish to see.
Our room was also very nice. It was a bit average for a 5 star resort but we were only there to sleep. If you don't like hard beds, then request a foam overlay from reception.
The only negative is if you're going there to celebrate a special occasion don't expect any special treatment. We were there for our honeymoon and this was indicated when we booked. The hotel didn't do anything for us. It was also my birthday which the a la carte restaurant was aware of and they didn't do anything for that either.
Still, it was a memorable stay and we would return to this resort.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.