“Excellent All Inclusive Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection

You added Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Chetumal - Cancun Km 250, Akumal 77760, Mexico   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Special Summer Sales
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Akumal
Mexico City
“Excellent All Inclusive Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I’ve never been the kid of traveler that enjoys all inclusive hotels, but after reading other reviews I decided to give it a try and I don’t regret it.

Check inn
We arrived at 11:00 a.m. and were greeted with margaritas, they explained us everything about the hotel. I met Brisa Islas which helped us with our dinner reservations days before our arrival by email.

Rooms:
We booked a penthouse suite which was great. It’s very spacious it has a nice table and sofa. There is a small fridge with beer, soda and 3 small bottles of alcohol. There is a nice little coffeemaker and some fresh fruit. Bathroom is nice and spacious. The bed is comfortable and you can choose from a pillow menu. There is a LCD but the quality of the image is not good. In the second floor you have a private terrace with a table and a Jacuzzi which was great at night. The size of this room is above average.

Pools:
There are 3 or 4 pools al the hotel, there are very nice and calm. The best pool for us was the one by the sushi bar, it has nice beds and you have the bar very close. The only thing I could complain about the pool is that there are not enough towels; we had to wait for about 20 min to get one.

Restaurants:
Food is great! We had dinner at Miako which is a Japanese restaurant, service was very good and I loved the duck I ordered. We had a special anniversary dinner at Alux and it was fantastic, the table was decorated with roses and they gave us a bottle of spanish cava. The food was excellent and the service was great.
The buffet restaurant it’s very nice and has a very good variety of dishes and dinks, its not the average hotel buffet. The drinks at the lobby bar and restaurants are good, they have some premium brands to choose from. The selection and brands at the pool bar was ok but not as good as in the other bars. I would recommend to have a beer selection, only blond beer is available at the entire hotel.

Service:
We had a great experience with all the staff at Sian Kaan. Nayeli at the terrace bar gave us an excellent service with a great smile. Paloma and Fausto were also very nice to us. Thanks to Brisa Islas for helping me with the dinner reservations and the nice balloons for my wife at the room.

Beach:
The beach is very nice; you have to get a tram that takes about 10 min to get there. I would recommend getting there early to have a good spot, 8:30 a.m. is ok, after that most of the beach beds are taken.

Sian Kaan was a great experience, I can’t wait to return. I recommend this hotel for couples which are looking for a nice and calm romantic hotel

Room Tip: The penthouse suite is great!! If you like to sleep early dont get a room near the lobby´, there is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Mau,

Thank you very much for trusting the reviews of our past guests of Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an, for the entire staff and myself, was a real pleasure to be part of good memories of your recent holidays at the Riviera Maya.

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken to write about your experience during your stay in our hotel. We appreciate you have mentioned that you liked your room, a la carte restaurants, buffet, drinks, pools and above all, that you enjoy the service that our staff is happy to offer. Also thank you for bringing to our attention your perception the areas where we are falling; proper attention will be applied to improve our service.

Thank you for sharing your views with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,118)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my first time with my boyfriend and friends visiting Mexico! The moment we got to the hotel during check -in they greet you with some delicious margaritas! Everyone was extra friendly! And the rooms were great! We had the Garden Suites that had a patio in the back with a jacuzzi. The staff was very attentive to your needs! The food was really good at the buffet. The beaches were nice just a short ride from a trolly to get you to the Sian Ka'an exclusive area. Thank you Sian Ka'an for this amazing vacation for my boyfriend and I.

Room Tip: Garden suite with jacuzzi in patio!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sherlys,

We appreciate so much that you have taken the time to write your positive comments and review concerning your recent stay at the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. Our guest’s comments are vital for us to continue improving our services, and will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction.

We are happy to hear that you had an awesome time and enjoyed your margarita on the check in, beach, tram service, room, food and the friendly staff.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your boyfriend again at the Mexican Caribbean!

King Regards,

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Me and a friend stayed at Sian Kaan for 7 nights the end of July. The resort was fabulous. It was super clean (we even saw them cleaning the rocks!) and they were always working on the property-planting, trimming, etc. We did have a large spider in our room one day and a gecko another but the staff came right up to remove it.

The buffet at our hotel was by far the best of the buffets offered on all the properties. We tried at least 3 others at Coba and Tulum and ours seemed to have a better variety of items. The food was very good with an excellent assortment of salads, rice dishes, potato dishes, seafood (shrimp, mussels, cod, salmon, seabass, etc), meats (pork chops, chicken breasts, steak, roast beef, ka-bobs) and vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, green beans, squash, cucumbers). They served your choice of pasta and sauces freshly prepared and pizza. I can't mention everything but you get the idea...there were a lot of choices. We also tried two of the al-a-carte restaurants. They were good but nothing extraordinary.

The little trolleys to get to the beach and other properties were excellent. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a ride. And it is only about a 5 minute ride to the beach. We arrived at the beach early each morning and had our choice of lounges. They were very diligent about keeping people from the other properties from using the area designated for Sian Kaan. We even saw them pulling chairs from out of the area into the area to accommodate Sian Kaan guests. The primary advantage of being inside the area is the waitress cocktail service. Also our spot of the beach seemed to have the best water area. When we walked up the beach we saw a lot of coral in the water right in front of the other hotel. We had mostly a nice sandy bottom. One note, you get the beach towels from the bar area at the beach...however this area does not open until 10:00. So if you want to get to the beach earlier than that grab a towel as you leave the day before to bring with you in the morning.

We did not spend much time at the pools. They are shallow and therefore too warm to be refreshing. This is the case even at the other resorts.

As for night life there is not much. There is entertainment on the patio areas in the evening but everything is finished by 11:00. Other than the disco, which we did not go to, all the bars close at 11:00. This was fine with us as we were early to bed and early to the beach people.

Definitely bring bug spray. We didn't need it every night but a few nights we were glad we had it. Also plenty of sunscreen. One thing we always like to bring also is a large plastic insulated cup with a lid and straw. This way your drink stays colder, nothing gets in it or spills out and you need to make less trips to the bar!

Definitely recommend this resort - great time, great price, great service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Shirl,

On behalf of the entire Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the reviews regarding your relaxing trip last July.

We are very happy to hear that you had a relaxing trip in which you enjoyed the buffet, variety of food, trolley service, drinks, beach and service of our staff.

Thank you also for recommending us and for advice to all of our future guests. It will be wonderful to welcome you again.

Kind Regards,

Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I went for vacations on July and the hotel was everything I expected and more!!!. As soon as you walk into the lobby, you get a relax felling and the welcome drink get you in the perfect mood to start vacations, Jorge at the front desk gave as a great welcoming and every time we needed something he was there with the perfect answer. Brisa in human resources made our restaurant reservations and also had an unexpected surprise for us; she upgraded our room to a penthouse suite for our anniversary!! thank you Brisa. Also I have to complement the food and service in Allux was absolutely wonderful. Maiko restaurant was also another great surprise, the food was really good; Delin was our server and took great care of us. The buffet was the best I ever had so far, many different choices and different menu every day. Property had many activities at night and you can also enjoy the shows from the other 4 hotels in the complex. The night club at La hacienda was a little disappointing I was expecting more Latin or Mexican music since we are in Mexico, but I guess was made for Americans taste.....Overall best hotel in Mexico with great food and service. My family and I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: The room in front of Allux restaurant was the best located. You can barely heard the music, but was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Claudia,

For me and for the entire staff of Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an, was a pleasure to be at your service on your Anniversary holidays the past July, thank you so much for the time taken to write about it.

Your comment will be forward to our staff; this will be a great motivation as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around.

Thank you for bringing to our attention your perception about the discotheque, you can however rest assured that we will be giving this matter the proper attention. Also thank you for the pictures posted, are really nice.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family in the future,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is designed as a golf resort. I am not a golfer...

While the two statements initially sound like a conflict I can say that it was not at all. We are primarily beach people so when we were offered a no cost upgrade from the Tulum to the Sian Kaan I was hesitant.

We have visited numerous resorts along the coastline of Mexico and various other areas. This one in my opinion was the best. Everyone was friendly and could not do enough to help with what ever you needed. The food was in my opinion the best we have had. My wife disagrees with me on this however.

My reasoning on the food was that it was tastefully prepared, properly seasoned and the sauce it was made in was meticulously prepared. On the otherhand there was not a lobster tail to be found, most of the food was of ordinary value but tastefully prepared.

Yes, you have to take a tram to the beach. But in the end it doesn't take very long and you walk less than you would have to go from the "beach front" resorts since it drops you off at the waterfront. It is across the highway, but they have constructed their own overpass, so you don't actually have to cross with the highway traffic.

The private beach area with a private bar alone, is worth the extra money.

More outstanding than the food was the quality of the alcohol. No where else did I find Herradura, Don Julio 1800 tequila at an all inclusive. Johonnie Walker 12 year Scotch as well. Johonnie Walker Blue was available (150 dollars a bottle at home) for an extra fee. 24 dollars is what I remember, per shot. We stuck with the all inclusive 12 year blend.

Most of the popular cordials were included as well.

Even though they sell realestate on-site, no one bothered us even once about it.

If you want solitude, good food, good booze and wonderful staff I highly recommend this resort.

Tips: Yes, tips help.... When you board the tram get on the front section and you will not have to smell gasoline exhaust the entire time. Read the reviews about the other three sections, as you will have access to all of them. Ask the drivers of the tram where they are headed, the little signs are misleading. They will pretty much see to it that you get anywhere you need to go.

We took a cab to Akumal beach to swim with the turtles, COOL. If you go, go early 9AM or so, because later in the day the tourists cloudy up the water and scare the turtles away.

On a funny note see the picture attached. "Do not boar drink". If you dringk enough shots of tequila it actually looks like it says "Do not board drunk"

If this was helpful , please check the box.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Ricardo,

Thank you for trusting in Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and for gave us the opportunity to serve you during your recent vacations in the Riviera Maya.

To read your comments about how you enjoyed your stay with us make us feel proud of the service we offer, it is nice to read that you consider our hotel, one of the best resorts along the coastline of Mexico, and that you enjoyed the food, tram service, drinks, visiting the area and the service.

Thank you for the observation in our signaling, it was already sent to the in charge so they can laugh as I did and change it.

We wish we can welcome you in the future,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our first time visiting a Mexico and the stay was even better than my high expectations. Among the great rooms, restaurants, best beach in that area, the staff could not have been any better. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, happy, and willing to help.

The resort had an upscale feel compared to other in the area and is a short ride to the beach by golf truck shuttle. The shuttle had little wait times and a short ride, not bad at all. We walked about a mile each way down the coast and Sian Ka'an had the nicest part of beach, best chairs, and the fewest number people. From the rooms to the beach, everything was impeccably clean.

Another plus was access to the other resorts, restaurants, and nightly entertainment (get a few drinks in and the entertainment is more fun). The Japanese hibachi place was good fun/food as well as the gourmet options at Alux and Maiko. I'm not a picky eater and don't usually like buffet's, but I liked this one. Tons of options at each meal without the craziness you would expect at a buffet feeding ground.

Thanks again to the great staff at Sian Ka'an, we look forward to coming back.

Dear Shawn,

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an on your first time visiting Mexico, it was an honor to be your host.

We appreciate the time taken to write your excellent impression about your recent stay with us and the areas that you enjoyed more. Your comments will be forward to our staff so will help us in keep providing the best service that our guests deserve.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

1-the good things
service in the buffet
service at the pool bar.
room very comfortable
no children
2-the average things
as is usual at resorts the lack of sun loungers at the beach
the so-so food at the associated resort buffets ( do not waste your time going to them)
3- surprisingly poor
how can a Mexican resort have such a poor Mexican restaurant?

Overall a good to verygood holiday but no 'luxury' but it will be on my list to return but only if the price is right.

Room Tip: I liked our room close to the pool but it is a way to reception
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. For us all the comments are very welcome because give us the opportunity to improve in the areas we need to.

We really appreciate you mentioning what you enjoyed more, as the food, rooms, the adults concept and the good service. Thank you as well for bringing to our attention the points for improvement, they will be taking in consideration to make our service better.

Sending you warm regards for the Riviera Maya,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!