We just returned home from BP Sian Ka'an and we thoroughly enjoyed our week there. Once we had decided on Sian Ka'an, I contacted a lady by the name of Brisa Islas who works at the resort and provided me with answers to my questions and also pre-booked our restaurants for the seven nights we were there at the times we specified so that was great for us in that we didn't have to spend our valuable time at the resort waiting in line-ups in order to book those restaurants. Also, if we had any problems, we contacted Brisa at the Lobby and she took care of them. A HUGE THANK YOU to BRISA!!!
Even though Sian Ka'an is not located on the beach there were shuttles running constantly back and forth to the beach as well as the other BP resorts in the complex...Tulum, Coba, and Akumal, to which Sian Ka'an guests have access to all of the restaurants and bars in those other 3 resorts. The beach is huge and Sian Ka'an guests have their own section of beach as well their own bar and waitresses. Oscar and Angel were kept very busy slinging drinks at the Holbox Beach Bar. Mary kept things under control and Martha, Sintia and Mariana worked tirelessly serving everybody on the beach. I must say that Martha impressed us the most with her friendliness and her " Extra Good! " when asked how she was. She was simply a delight!
The beach is very long and as are most other resorts on the Riviera Maya, there is coral in the sand and in the water so you have to be very careful when walking on the beach or in the water not to step on or kick a piece of coral. Water shoes are recommended. There are hundreds of fish in the shallow water and I must say that I fed them bread and bananas almost everyday. There is also a pool with dolphins right on the beach so that is an attraction, even though some people believe they shouldn't be kept in such a confined space.
The pools were generally pretty quiet and we only went there for a quick swim before heading back to our room to get ready for supper. We ate at the Axul, the Maiko and the Buffet at Sian Kian the first 3 nights and then Don Pablo, Arlequin, Hakkaido (?), and Le Gourmet Coba. All were excellent and you could cut the filet mignon with a fork it was so tender. My only complaint was the chef special of New York Strip Loin at Arlequin was not very good because it was tough and lots of grisel but they offered me a filet mignon and I declined. By the way, some guests at Le Gourmet Coba had the special surf & turf for $20 and it looked awesome so next time I go back there it will be surf & turf. So, all in all, gourmet dining all week long.
To sum up, an absolutely fabulous week at Sian Ka'an and I would highly recommend this resort and will probably go back again if I can get it for the right price, right Brisa! Saludos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico