We have stayed at Bahia Principes in Dominican R. and Mexico on several occasions and this was one of the two best by far.Sian Ka'an is unique in that was carved right out of the jungle , leaving as much of the natural vegetation in tack as possible. We had a "Junior Superior Garden" suite which is on the ground level. It had a beautiful private patio and each has its' own outdoor jacuzzi tub surrounded by small palm trees for privacy. If you can get "Junior Superior Penthouse" suite (third floor) with a rooftop jacuzzi,it would be fantastic as long as you dont mind the two flights of stairs. Middle floor is called a "Junior Superior" , But do not get just a "Junior Suite". They are just too small. Thanks to the Staff at the BP Priviledge Club for helping fix a mixup on our early arrival and for taking fantastic care of us for our entire stay. Thank You, Miluska, Karla, Armando, and the Mgr. Ana. They took care of every thing for us including private transportation from and to the airport.This was much better than riding on a "milk run" bus ride. The Food ; Sian Ka'an is definately the best food we have ever enjoyed at any BP resort. The Buffet is better than most other resort A La Carte restaurants! In fact after two painfully slow service experiences at Akumal & Tulum we cancelled the other resort A La Cartes and ate only at Sian Ka'an A La Cartes (Alux & Maiko) and had great evening diners at the main buffet too.We especially enjoyed a quiet breakfast at Alux most days, It was right beside our building ,and in fact most of the buildings are so much closer to the lobby and main buffet that it feels more comfy. Beautiful modern rooms , wifi, great showers (no tub except jacuzzi) two remotes for A/C and firm king size beds.Both Sian Ka'an and the Priviledge Club has their own private beaches, 5-10 minutes away with good service for drinks and rides right to the beach.. We spent most of or time around the large quieter pools at SK but watched a lot of the fun activities around the "fun pool" Great activities staff. Hotel staff were excellent and always had a smile and an "Ola" for us. We Loved the golf and never saw anyone else on the tricky Executive nine course. A bit expensive. You have to visit the "Tao Centre" and do the Temezcal Ceremony (sweat lodge) . A truly rewarding experience . The Tao centre has a full gym and two outdoor swimming lanes for guest to use. Very quiet over there with full showers , lockers , snack bar and only a five minute ride. We will definately go back to Sian Ka'an.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico