Booked this trip via Air Canada Vacations and travelled mid feb 2013. We were pleased with what we got for what I would say was a decent price.
The hotel, rooms and grounds were very clean and well kept. Our room was a good size very bright, bathroom was clean too. Our only complaint was after leaving a giant pillow top at home the mattress was a bit on the firm side for us. The property is divided into small buildings three stories high. We did not have a third floor with a jacuzzi tub and will make sure to have one next time. Additionally we will also look to have a room facing gardens as I like to let the sunshine in and our pool facing room had not enough privacy when the shades were up.
This resort is part of a group of hotels. The other three Coba, Akumal and Tulum are a ten minute tram ride over the highway. Personally I liked being away from the rest as it was very quiet and serene. The style of the sian ka'an is more modern as opposed to mexican themed, so expect modern clean lines and a lot of white. Being on the sian ka'an side gave you access to everything the other hotels had but then you could come back and relax without the noise and children.
We were amongst the younger guests at 40ish so if you want your vacation to be a party stay in one of the other properties on the other side. The night time entertainment was a bit on the low end too. Perhaps rotating with the lounges from the other side to provide a variety. The same duo played almost every night (the same set too).
My husband and brother in-law played the golf course which they said was a very challenging course (and to bring lots of balls!) while my sister and I had massages in the spa.
Food: we ate at six restaurants. Our favourite by far were the Japanese (the Mikado for the hibatchi atmoshere and the Maiko for the food quality) we also really liked the gourmet (sian ka'an). The mexican was likely our least favourite the food was bland and the service terrible. The buffet was fantastic and one could easily have just eaten there everynight too.
The "entertainment" pool was better earlier in our stay frankly when they were not trying to make it a big party. They had loungy type music playing, Jesus at the bar was mixing drinks and the atmoshere felt very high end and posh. Later in the week it was very loud and we tended to migrate to other pools or the beach.
The beach was very clean and we had a private section from the other hotels. My only complaint would be the food was a fairly good hike from the beach section.
I will say I also liked the "market" they had set up at the Hacienda. I recommend going at night when it is really quiet and low key. prices were not bad and somewhat negotiable to get the things for the kids at home.
Service was great and they were very friendly, and professional. Will do a shout out to Eduardo from the entertainment crew. thanks for the happy face! :)
Overall we loved our trip and Like I said we will be back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico