Stayed in this hotel for 10 days arriving 1st Dec. Lovely reception area, good check-in with welcome drink, had emailed my a la carte meals choices for each night and the receipts for this were passed to me while checking in. Taken to room by driver in one of the buggies. Nice room, bit minimal - would like to see a full length mirror and also a chest of drawers for your clothes not enough with just the shelves in the wardrobe, felt I had my things just lying about. Room cleaned daily and fresh towels each day.
We were beside the quiet pool which was lovely, but if you were an early bird no pool towels were available at the sushi bar to use as this did not open until 10am, sometimes if the security man saw you he would bring you a couple, ended up taking a couple of fresh towels at the end of day ready for the next. Got very warm at the pool as no breeze and had to spent most of the time in the pool.
Got used to taking the buggies to the beach, had to be down there fairly early to get a bed as got quite busy, the girls were great serving you your cocktails and appreciated the tips for the service. Would like to see Sian Ka'an having their own snack bar down here went to Tulums one day and was not impressed at all. Ended up spending the morning at the beach and heading back up to Sian Ka'an for the buffet lunch.
The food at Sian Ka'an was exceptional, something for everyone and plenty of choice each day for breakfast and lunch. The waiters/waitresses were good at keeping you supplied with water/wine etc. We had booked a variety of different a la carte restaurants in various places, favourite was Maiko Japanese beside us went on our first night and ended up making another reservation for the following week. Most disappointing was the Portifno Italian in Coba, when we went there got the buggy to Coba and got off at the reception, big mistake this restaurant is at the other end of reception quite a distance away and had to end up asking another driver to take us there, so if taking a buggy to another hotel always say the restaurant you have a booking with and they will take you straight there. Please note for the men long trousers are required only in certain restaurants, so check this out as my husband went to a couple of the restaurants at the other sections with long trousers on and people had shorts on and also one of the restaurants only in Sian Ka'an were particular about this rule, so is not consitent throughout.
We travelled with another couple so didn't bother too much about the entertainment, when we returned from our a la carte meal were happy to sit at the lobby bar for a couple of drinks before the bar shut at 11pm. This was not a problem for us as we were up early in the morining to head to the beach as the sun was up early. We did have a problem a couple of times at the lobby bar with them running out of drinks which were on their menu, it did take a few days of asking and then speaking to a manager, who then made sure the drink I preferred to have was available.
We were also able to keep our room on for a couple of hours past the check out time, which was good.
I think anyone visiting this hotel would have a great time and if I ever returned it would be to the Sian Ka'an definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico