Customer service is excellent at the Sian Kaan. Everyone does their job well and most will go out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable. The one thing that would ever bring me back to the resort was the a la carte restaurants. Firstly, the buffet was fine, and the 24 hour snack bar was quite handy for late night snacks and is also the only place where you can get drinks in the resort after 23:00. The Maiko and the Alux in the Sian Kaan were fantastic. All of our meals were a culinary delight and enjoyable experience that always lasted 2 hours. From the food to the constant refilling of our wine and of course the after dinner drinks, we thouroughly enjoyed all of our meals. I had the Sarika Duck in the Maiko twice it was that good. All of the other dishes we had were great as well, except that both the soups were very salty. The tempura ice cream was also a great finish to a delicious meal. The Alux and the Don Pablo were truly gourmet. Lamb and the surf and turf at these two were brilliant. Saturday night is the Gala night in the buffet and sometimes lobster is served. Find out for sure from the lobby, if not make an a la carte reservation. The rest of the resort was enjoyable as well. The lobby bar was great for relaxing and having a few drinks. The background music does get to you after awhile. Apparently, they brought some lady in to a recording studio and had her remake a few million songs to elevator music with quiet vocals over top. She did everything from Lady Gaga to Guns and Roses. Very disturbing at times. Enjoyed 7 year-old Havana Club over ice most nights. The beer was absolutely tasteless and I only had about 6 all week. Overall, a well stocked bar with a great selection of drinks (except beer). The roooms were very tastefully decorated and comfortable. Only negative was the blinds. They are too far from the windows and as soon as the sun comes up your room is flooded with light. Fine for most people but terrible for late risers such as myself. Travel between other resorts and the Hacienda is easy. The beach includes a bar and a private area for Sian Kaan guests. I would recommend water shoes because of the amount of rocks in the ocean. The beach is fine, but very busy and loud with boats, seedoos and lots of people. Sometimes its difficult to find a few loungers. Arriving early is probably your best bet. I would easily return to this resort. Its nice not hearing those high pitch screams from little kids around. It's a quiter resort and very easy to sit back and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico