This is a very, very nice resort. The design of the rooms and common areas is upscale and contemporary. Staff are helpful and smiling. Booking a la carte restaurants for supper was fast and easy.
Rooms: the rooms are very classy and the cleaning staff do a great job. We upgraded to a jacuzzi suite and loved having the private jacuzzi as well as the extra space.
Bars: All the bartenders were great.
Entertainment at Night: the entertainment team work hard to make sure you have a good time. The live band plays 6 nights a week and we enjoyed dancing to the wide range of music they played. One night of the week, there is a DJ which the younger crowd preferred and we had a great time too. The entertainment team was there every night encouraging people to join in the fun.
Pools: There are 3 pools and there was usually one that is loud and one that is quiet, so something to suit everyone.
Gym: you have to take a tram to get to the gym at the Tao Wellness Center. This is a remote building in a beautiful jungle setting. We are not the type to use yoga, pilates, meditating etc but for those who do, this would be a real treat. There are gyms on the other resorts that you can use, but a tram is also needed to get to them. A small gym within walking distance would have been appreciated.
The best restaurant by far was Alux. We went 3 times and the food was always great and the service was better. Thank you to our waiters, Daniel and Roque, for making each meal a true 5 star experience.
We were disappointed with our one meal at Maiko. The room was very cold, the windows were covered with condensation and worst of all, our entrees were luke warm. Service was excellent though.
The buffet restaurant was always good and the service was great. Thanks to Ramon and our other waiters for the many cups of coffee and glasses of wine.
We went to the other Bahia resorts for meals as well.
- Le Gourmet and Don Pablo were great.
- Arlequin was great the first time we went and terrible the second time.
- Tequila had good food and service.
- The Brazilian restaurant was disappointing in terms of food and service.
- At Mikado, the chef cooks at your table. The cooking "show" and the food was very good, but it was a very hot day and all 12 people at our table were sweating, fanning themselves, wiping their faces etc. 12 at a table is crowded. If we had had a little elbow space, the heat might have been more bearable.
Overall this resort can easily transform into a 5 star with a few improvements.
- co-ordinate the music. At one point we were seated in the snack bar which had both piped in music and a live mariachi band, plus we could hear the dance music being played at the nearby the pool.
- cleaning noises. We had gas powered sidewalk cleaning outside our room 2 afternoons in a row. We complained after 2 hours the first day and it was ended soon after. The next afternoon we complained after an hour and were told that the cleaning had to be done and that there was nothing they could do. Our solutionHere's our suggestion - move te cleaning to a different area every half hour. The noise from the machine is very loud and I skipped 2 afternoons of using the jacuzzi because of this.
- inconsistent drink service in the lobby and patio area. A few times we felt invisible as we waited to have our orders taken. At other times the service was fast and friendly.
We would definitely recommend this resort if you are looking for a classy, comtempory getaway. It is quite a quiet resort, so if you are looking for a loud party atmosphere, this is not the resort for you.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.