First of all I would like to thank Claudia for all her help in making this trip special. We travelled from April 10-17. As advised on this site, I e-mailed Claudia for our ala-carte reservations and room request. She responded within 48 hours and accomodated all our requests. Bravo to you!! Our room was amazing, rooftop juccuzi near the lobby as requested. There was a mattress pad on our bed and we found it to be extremely comfortably. The room was spotless and housekeeping was excellent. We had towel art every day and 2 beautiful swans with rose petals greeted us on arrival. Our minibar was stocked daily and we wanted for nothing.
We ate at the buffet the first night, after a very long day of traveling, and found it to be fresh and plentiful. We had reservations for the remaining seven nights and all ver good or very good. We ate at Alux, Maixo, Le Gourmet, Arlequin, Portifino and Don Pablo. Claudia arranged for a cake to be presented to us at Alux and we felt very special:) All the food was very good, but some meals were not hot. The house wine is not great for such a fabulous resort and we even ordered from the wine list and the wine was brownish-obviously oxidized but oh well.
As everyone else has posted, the beach is not great-lots of rocks and seaweed. We expected that and swan in the ocean regardless. The men who clear the seaweed work extremely hard. I spoke to the manager about this and recommended that they provide them with a four-wheeler and a trailer to prevent them from having to lug those heavy bags. I don't know if it fell on deaf ears or not, but in Canada they are walking WSIB cases!! Please tip the seaweed guys? We did and they acted like nobody ever tips them.
They had a lovely lady and gentleman play music in the courtyard every night. I enjoyed them but it became quite respective.
The tram system worked well for us, but allow extra time in the evening to get to the other reorts.
We went to the Havienda to shop but found it to be extremely expensive and offered just your typical touristy stuff.
Check-in and check-out were a breeze. Our room wasn't ready at 1pm when we arrived, but we expected that and our room was available by 3 pm. We requested that our room be cleaned by 4 pm daily and it was. Hubby says the TV selection was lame but so what. Internet connection in my room was great and I was able to keep in touch with everyone at home.
Now on to the towel game- my husband and I are well-travelled and I realize this is an on-going problem everywhere;however, I do not feel comfortable removing towels and we didn't. We were able to get a chair at the pool once in the entire week. We had better luck at the beach. Drink service there was poor. We usually had to go to the bar.
The time share sharks are alive and well at the other reorts, often starting their pitch as we were on our way to dinner. No thank you usually sufficed.
I am very happy we chose this resort. The price was incredible, which makes a difference to me, and our weather was great except the first and last day. We met three men on a golfing vacation who truly enjoyed the course, but thought it was difficult.
My recommendations would include:
1. Salads at the ala-Carter's instead of sometimes pretentious starters
2. Bigger pools with mor chairs
3. Appropriate music at the pool instead of "I like to scr** the bit**es down the block
4. Four wheeler and trailer for the seaweed guys
5. Varied nightly entertainment.
If you can't enjoy yourself here, don't travel. You will never be pleased. Thank you Sian Ka'an!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico