We visited the Sian Ka'an Bahia January 19-25. It was our 7th visit to the Bahia and our first stay at the Sian Ka'an. We had our daughter's wedding at the Tulum resort 2 years ago also...We love the Bahia!!
We contacted the resort prior to arriving and scheduled all of our dinners and requested jacuzzi suites....We were on the first floor of our building and did have a jacuzzi suite and a great location near the pool and short walk to the lobby. We were told we could change to the penthouse the next day-but after realizing the rooms were the same we decided to stay on the first floor... The rooms at Sian Ka'an are much larger than the rooms at the other Bahia resorts and much more modern. Our room was perfect for a week's stay. Our fridge was refilled EVERY day and we recevied great surprises each evening from tee shirts to chocolate covered strawberrys to wine and chocolate desserts....If you handle your dinner reservatons prior to arrival be sure to print your reservation confirmation e-mail and bring it with you as it helps expidite your reservation upon arrival to the restaurant. Sian has a more mellow feel than Coba, Tulum or Akumal--the pools are relaxing and you really feel you are at a 5 star resort. There is a private beach for those staying at Sian with the upgraded lounge chairs- and a bar with waitress service to your beach area.
The Lobby Bar- is a GREAT place to have a drink as long as OSCAR is the bartender....He is amazing!! Watch his technique--he makes sure his drinks are to perfection before giving them to his guests and his customer focus is second to none....OSCAR makes the LOBBY BAR!! He works from 7-3 so we always made sure to have a couple drinks stacked up at 2:55!! There should be videos of him on you tube so check those out. All of the staff at the Lobby bar work very hard to keep the customers happy and it shows....
We ate at both restaurants at Sian and were thriled with the meals and service. Notice the stemware at ALUX the restaurant by the pool....it is beautiful!! We also dined at Don Paublos'---one of our fav's--reserve early in the evening--it is a long meal--but well worth it- Pescador (fish & sea food)Frutos del Mar( Seafood and fish) and Dolce Vita..All of our meals were wonderful and the restuarant mangers work so hard to please their guests. Our buffet was great for breakfast and lunch--but also try the buffets at Tulum and Coba...they are very nice also.
The transportation to the other resorts was not a problem...we traveled back and forth several times a day.....Golf course was beautiful!!! Cart rental was $80.00--but to play a course like that for $80.00 is a steal.....
Only problem we had was my husband cut his foot getting out of our jacuzzi--there is a space between the concrete pad and where the mable tile starts for the patio....it required 6 stitches...There is an on site physician...he was excellent.......So if you have a jacuzzi suite be aware of that.... One other comment --since the resort is in the jungle there is fog bug spraying that takes place every other day about 4:30....it is a very thick fog and you will hear it coming...we covered our faces with our towels so as not to breath the fumes the frist time--but tried to be at the beach or indoors after that when it would take place....If you have children or are pregnant be aware........
All in all--GREAT trip..if it is your first time to the area be sure to do the tulum ruins and coba ruins...rent a taxi driver for the day...and get to the coba ruins as soon as they open..the tours buses take over by 9 a.m. and it is very crowded.....
and get back by 3 to get a great drink from OSACR!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico