My husband & I just got back from a week at this resort. This place is pretty laid back & was terrific for relaxing. A pretty new resort & even tho it is still getting things in order, this was great. Our large room was on the bottom floor at the back of the resort with a large patio with 2 lounge chairs & a table/chairs & an outside jacuzzi. We were not bothered by bugs outside but I think that is because they fogged every afternoon. Late night walking to & from dining, you might want to spray, seemed I got a few bites on the ankles but that is nothing, that happens worse in Texas - ha. The room was spacious & so clean & uncluttered. Large bar area with table & chairs, divan, coffee table, large bed & flat screen t.v. The bathroom was a good size as well as the shower. Our shower worked great. The weather was so nice that we were in the pool everyday & the jacuzzi just about every afternoon if we could pry ourselves away from the pool area. The place has several pools but none of them are really big so the water is warmer than in most - not that it was warm but very nice. Always found a lounger at one pool or another. No pool towel cards required so it was nice not to have to keep up with your towels. No swimup bar but that was ok, need to get out & about anyway. Drinks were good, the premium alcohol was only at the lobby bar, again that is ok, you could for sure find something good to satisfy your thirst at all of them. The food was fantastic esp. at the buffet, yes the buffet. The breakfast, lunch, & dinner meals there were great, grilled shrimp, steaks, grouper.... The 2 ala carte on the property were good & gave you an upscale feeling. The employees were great, friendly, & all you had to do was ask & it was given. The maid service was really nice, our room was cleaned every day by 10 a.m. Evening entertainment was low keyed which was great for us, however you have the opportunity to go to the other sister resorts & find anything that you are looking for. We road over to the private beach that is across the highway one day & walked the other resorts. Plenty of shopping over at the other resorts where as the Sian Ka'an had 2 smaller shops. The grounds are good for not being open a long time & it is well lit when you are wanting to walk back to your room in the evening. We would go back for sure. The only thing that I would suggest to the resort is since the pools are smaller, it only takes one or two kids to disturb the relaxing days, so maybe they might make one pool all adult & that way everybody is happy. If you get the chance to go here, all I can say is GO - RUN - you will enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Otel, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico