We've traveled to Akumal many times. Several all-inclusives and condos. Playa Caribe is perfect! Great location, far enough from the crowds in Akumal central, but close enough for the necessities. Not a good swimming beach, water shoes are a must if you're in the ocean, but Playa Caribe has a pool! One of the very few that does. Attentive staff, comfortable bedding, fully stocked kitchens, clean units with a magnificent view. We stayed in #8, third floor central unit that juts out with a 180 degree panoramic view. Two bedroom, two bath. Several ceiling fans and central A/C. Close walk to La Buena Vida for lunch or dinner and La Lunita. Snorkeling in Akumal central or Yal-Ku or even in front of the condo. We stayed at Playa Blanca #8 as well. Loved that too, but children want pools! This has it all. Couldn't be happier. If you want view choose, #5, #8 or # 11. They're the central units. The others are recessed so the view isn't as sweeping. Our unit also has a slider in the two bedrooms with ocean view instead of being in the back with jungle view. We enjoyed the noise of the surf! Would definitely come back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Caribe consists of twelve 2 bedroom condos and 3 studios. Generally regarded as the best on Halfmoon Bay. We have the only water treatment (RO) system that allows you to use and drink the water safely just like home. We have a pool and are centrally located to all that the Akumal area has to offer. Some of the best snorkeling is right off our beach. You will see turtles all year round right from our patio. Hope to see you soon in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Playa Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Caribe Hotel Akumal
- Playa Caribe Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico