“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Experience the best of contemporary Asian cuisine at Aramara, where influences from the Far East are blended with a taste of Mexico. Aramara - "sacred place by the ocean" in the native Huichol language - combines the simplicity of contemporary Asian cuisine with the produce and seafood of the Pacific, fresh from the shores of Punta Mita and the neighbouring fishing village of Sayulita, near Puerto Vallarta.
El Dorado Hills, CA
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our experience at Aramara was very good but there are better options in town especially considering the cost. We spent about $200 before adding an additional gratuity. There are some great meals to be had in town for about $100 plus the cost of transport. We had a more enjoyable meal on site at Bahia than at Aramara.

The sushi was very good but I would take a pass on the Hot Rock. There was really not much sizzle so the thin slices of beef turned more gray than anything else, although tasty.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Delicious Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As noted in the title of my review, this restaurant exceeded our expectations for food (I was a bit skeptical of Asian-Mexican fusion as a luxury concept) and the service was excellent, however the it loses one star for being primarily outdoors (as are all other restaurants on the property) and when we were there we were asked to moved from inside to outside because a mariachi band would be playing inside-- which was not ideal for my husband who was in a blazer and slacks. In any event, I should note that they comped our drinks and appetizers for the inconvenience of moving us without any complaining on our parts and we were otherwise very happy there-- moral of the story is don't bother packing a blazer on trips to Punta Mita. ;)

Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went here with a group of about twenty people and we all enjoyed it. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Standout meals were the marinated steak that you cook yourself on hot rocks. So good. Also great was the wok-sauteed steak.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Wonderful Sushi at the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

At a beachside resort in Mexico I would not expect to find an excellent sushi restaurant but to my great surprise The Four Seasons has accomplished just that.

The restaurant offers indoor and outdoor seating. The indoor seating is billed as air conditioned but it is also open air so on a still evening in August it was a bit on the hot and sticky side. Definitely dress for an outdoor dining experience even if you plan to eat inside.

The appetizers and sushi options are all delicious. Everything was very fresh and preparations were refreshingly unique. They have an extensive wine list and phenominal cocktails. The bento box dessert was yummy so save room for dessert!

Of all of the places in Punta Mita the Four Seasons has the best views, especially at sunset. I would recommend getting there early and grabbing a drink down by the pool or walk down to the the beach to watch the sunset. It's just breathtaking.

Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We dinned in several restaurants in Punta Mita, but I was ready to eat on the AC after being a little sunburn. The food never disappoints in this place and the service is excellent. We had a wonderful time and food was exquisite, I had the Lobster Risotto and I loved the flavor. This was my third time visiting this restaurant during my trips to Punta Mita and I will come back again!

Visited August 2013