“a nice american feel to a mexican beach” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“a nice american feel to a mexican beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A Mexican beach twist on an american sports bar, great place to catch the NFL and NCAA action during any night in Punta Mita, while enjoying some great food.
Carnitas de atún (not on the menu) are awesome

Visited December 2012

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Very good but very expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We ate a light lunch there since prices were so high. Prices were very high but it had a great view. We had been referred to Margarita`s and we heard we should have gone there. Better prices and great food. The margaritas were excellent at Blue Shrimp.

Visited November 2012
Palo Alto, California
“AWESOME. Amazing view, stellar service, perfectly cooked and delicious food, nice restaurant design.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Last night my boyfriend and I had margaritas at sunset followed by a spectacular dinner at Blue Shrimp. It was our first time there and what a fantastic experience! I’m so thrilled to have another restaurant on the Anclote strip that I can be this excited about. Usually I prefer to cook when I’m here in Mita so I can have what I consider beautiful prepared and “clean” food – a must to me for my body to feel good for daily surf. While I think there are plenty of decent and fun places to eat in Punta Mita, Si Senor has been my favorite since I discovered it because of the nice views, the magical atmosphere once it gets dark, the incredible staff, and because I can ask for fresh fish and vegetables cooked without lots of oil and sauces (which I call the “Gustavo special” and they always know what I want). Gustavo is the owner and has similar eating preferences to me. Every meal I’ve had there has been delicious and I never feel like I ate a really unhealthy meal (which is often how I feel when leaving a restaurant). So when I heard that Gustavo’s brother, Javier, opened Blue Shrimp this summer, we put it on our “check it out” list for this trip. We walked in last night at sunset to an expansive view of the water and then watched the stunning, painted sky become more and more captivating over the next half hour while we drank fresh lime margaritas. There were still a few paddle boarders out catching tiny waves and little girl was doing cartwheels on the beach. The bar and restaurant are really beautiful designed – a very large Palapa style roof with high ceilings, beautiful dim lighting when it was dark, and a kitchen designed for guests to see into if they’d like. Very well done. I’m not a fan of TVs but they have several large screen TVs at a bar – perfect for those who can’t miss whatever game is on at the moment! The staff really rolled out the red carpet (the way I’d have described my first experience at Si Senor). They were fun, professional and attentive. We were hungry from an afternoon of surf and ordered several things (and enjoying them immensely for lunch today as well). The Agua Chile was an awesome starter as well as the coconut shrimp. I’m not a fan of fried food, but the coconut shrimp was delicious, flavorful and not at all greasy. I can’t wait to go back for more. My boyfriend enjoyed his ridiculously large thin-crust pizza (providing at least two more lunches in leftovers) and my seared tuna with vegetables could not have been more perfectly cooked or delicious. Felicidades Javier and Blue Shrimp staff!!!! Really wishing you the best for the rest of the season and future, and I look forward to many future delicious meals and magical evenings there!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Ordered the margaritas, guacamole, shrimp pizza, and grouper. All were excellent. The service and views were outstanding. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“All downhill after the view - food poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice location by the water. Several large screen televisions if you want a sports bar. Friendly manager and staff. However, you go to a restaurant for food, which at Blue Shrimp was poor, at best.

The food had zero flavour, good or bad. The appetizer was forgotten and the mains just showed up. The dessert was a store bought pie that came out of the freezer, but was not close to serving temperature.

Service was polite, but very slow and inconsistent, even with only four tables being served. One of the four walked out after becoming impatient with the slow service of the apps and drinks.

Perhaps go for a drink to watch Sunday football, but I would not eat there again.

Same owner as Si Senior, which is usually good, so maybe this place will improve over time.

For a similar price, but much better experience, I would go to Cafe des Artistes del Mar.

• Visited November 2012